75 Trillium - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #21

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Roger,

I notice that your wall covering's are an off-white, not the standard white that most Trillium trailers come with - the contrast with the white is quite distinct. Did you paint it that color or is that stock?

Thanks for answering all our questions!
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #22

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Hi Roger,

I notice that your wall covering's are an off-white, not the standard white that most Trillium trailers come with - the contrast with the white is quite distinct. Did you paint it that color or is that stock?

Thanks for answering all our questions!
I didn't do anything here, it's original, it is an egg shell not white, I didn't know that they came in white. I did replace the trim with white, I didn't find a tan trim on the site I bought this from, it does kind of stand out, when I bought the trailer some of the trim was missing, so I just replaced it with the white.

Roger
Roger Hunckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #23

Hi Roger,

Your Trill looks great. You have answered my thought of modifying the table by rounding off the end. It sure is tough getting in the seat with the short mitered corners. Also if I can achieve the shine you have the world will be perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
dog_house.jpg  
Matt Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:19 AM   #24

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
Hi Roger,

I'd like to ask you a question about your awning. It looks like the end of your bag extends out past the awning rail. ie. the awning rail is shorter then your awning bag. If this is the case, How far does it hang out on each side, and have you ever had a problem with it? I have an awning that I want to purchase and the BAG is 7'4" and my Awning rail is 7'. The bag would hang out 2" on each side.

Thanks,
Mike
MIKE, We have a 13ft. Trillium with a bag awning and ours sticks out the ends about 2" on either ends also. We've used it this way now for a few years (lots of highway miles) and it works FINE. The '<span style="font-family:Impact"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">TRICK</span></span>' to getting the bag to STAY in the rails (that we found, anyway) is to simply sink a small (preferally STAINLESS) screw down through the upper part of the rail and INTO the bag's lip .....that has a piece of round plastic running the length of the bag. This is the part of the bag that runs INSIDE the rail(???), follow me? Place one screw about 3 or 4 " in from BOTH ends of the rail. You'll NEVER see them from the ground. Oh, BTW!!! I remove my awning yearly and store it inside our garage... (Do we get extra bonus points for NEATNESS, LOL!!!!)

...another issue you might encounter is what/where to place the small metal clips that are usually placed on the lower sides of the glass body. These are used to hold the rods that hold the awning in the air?? IF you haven't done so already, fiberglass a piece of plywood on the insides of the trailer in the area where these pieces will attach. These blocks would be inside the front and right side storage compartments. NOW if you attach the clips to the trailer where these bolster blocks are located and then apply the support rods to/in the clips, you won't crack the glass shell in this areas OR pull the attaching screws out of the body. These 'tricks' were done to our Egg by Reace & Tammy over at Escape Trailer....

For ease of walking around under the awning when its opened, we have also found that simply placing the expandable support rods VERTICALLY (straight up n down) to the ground, makes it much easier to manuver around under the awning
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #25

Doug,

I'm not sure exactly what clips you are using but I installed stainless turn snaps on each end of the bag. these are the type used on canvas boat covers. I drilled and bolted them to the roof and have had no problems with them
Old 04-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #26

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Hi Roger,
I've been thinking more and more about going the miniblind route...
Are the window cranks a problem, or do you just sort of poke them through the slats?
Did you use one long 48"ish blind for the back, or 2 smaller?
Did you mount them to the aluminum surrounding the windows?
Do they block the light? (we have too much light for sleeping in June and July)
Gosh, I have a lot of questions...
Thanks - Connie
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Hi Roger,
Are the window cranks a problem, or do you just sort of poke them through the slats?
Thanks - Connie
Hi Connie, I haven't checked the site for a while, sorry for the late reply. What we did was clip the slat that was nearest the crank handle when the blinds are down, it works out perfectly and we really like the look of the blinds vs. curtains. The coolest thing we did was take matching fabric from the upholstery and made the simple top treatments, and attached them with velcro, it really updates the trailer. The rear blind is one blind not two, just shortend them, that's all. These are just blinds we bought at Lowes, spent about 20 bucks if that much! Thank you for your nice comments

Roger

Old 04-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Hi Roger,
Thanks - Connie
Forgot to answer the mounting question, I mounted through the aluminum just missing the screens so they could be removed for cleaning, you have to take note of where the screw will come through so that it just kisses or misses the screen frame.

Roger
Old 04-21-2008, 07:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Hi Roger,

Your Trill looks great. You have answered my thought of modifying the table by rounding off the end. It sure is tough getting in the seat with the short mitered corners. Also if I can achieve the shine you have the world will be perfect.
Thanks, I'm a 33 waist, and it isn't easy to squeeze into, I might even take some more off! It's almost time to shoot some more clear! I'll post a new pic when I do, I've even been thinking about doing a faux airstream paint job on it, painting it silver and airbrushing the panel lines and rivets! If I decide to keep it, I'll probably do it, if not she'll be shiny green!

Roger
Old 04-21-2008, 07:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Hi Roger,

Are your blinds just standard mini-blinds or are they RV specific. How are for traveling, do they swing around a lot on the road? I really prefer the way you have the mini blinds over drapes, very clean look.
They're just standard mini blinds from Lowes, shorted of course, I really like the look better than curtains too. And, for about 20 bucks it's less expensive than having curtains made.

Thanks, Roger
Old 04-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Hi Roger,

I'd like to ask you a question about your awning. It looks like the end of your bag extends out past the awning rail. ie. the awning rail is shorter then your awning bag. If this is the case, How far does it hang out on each side, and have you ever had a problem with it? I have an awning that I want to purchase and the BAG is 7'4" and my Awning rail is 7'. The bag would hang out 2" on each side.

Thanks,
Mike
Not a problem at all go for it!

Roger
Old 04-22-2008, 02:30 AM   #32

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Thanks for the info, Roger.
I'm debating between the miniblinds, or making some insulating panels (as in the "Insulating Window Cover Fabric" thread, in Problem Solving). With all the snow we still have on the ground, at least I have some time to decide!)
Your top valances look really good. I would have guessed they were on a curtain rod.
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #33

Cool

Quote:
Thanks, I'm a 33 waist, and it isn't easy to squeeze into, I might even take some more off! It's almost time to shoot some more clear! I'll post a new pic when I do, I've even been thinking about doing a faux airstream paint job on it, painting it silver and airbrushing the panel lines and rivets! If I decide to keep it, I'll probably do it, if not she'll be shiny green!

Roger
Roger,

My brother was camping last year and came across a 13 trill that the guy had painted silver. And I do mean silver. It wasn't a faux Airstream but it was silver, everything. I will try to find the pic and post it for you. The description didn't sound good when he called me about it as I'm sure it doesn't now but it didn't look bad. It was actually rather interesting. Did I say it was "silver"?

Tags
trillium