75 Trillium Awning - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 32
Here is the bag awning we made for our 75 Trillium, I used a discarded 20' awning fabric and cut it down to the right length, my wife made a bag using the cording from the awning and the zippered bag out of marine vinyl that we had from another project with a heavy duty nylon zipper. I used an aluminum pole for the end and sewed it in, then went to Lowes and bought the elbows and conduit for the tension poles (real cheap) Here it is set up, I think we have about 15 dolloars invested and it!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
100_1041__Medium_.JPG   100_1044__Medium_.JPG  

100_1039__Medium___Small_.JPG   100_1046__Medium___Small_.JPG  

100_1045__Medium___Small_.JPG  
__________________

__________________
Roger Hunckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Member
 
Nancy A.'s Avatar
 
Name: nancy
Trailer: Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Washington
Posts: 60
Hi, Nice job and so economical. How did you attach the awning rail?

Nancy
__________________

__________________
Nancy A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 32
Quote:
Hi, Nice job and so economical. How did you attach the awning rail?

Nancy
Hi Nancy, the awning rail was already there, it is attached through the roof line with acorn nuts.
__________________
Roger Hunckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
james kent's Avatar
 
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Posts: 2,938
Your job is as neet and tidy as the trailer is shiney however, I don't see any support from the trailer to the front edge. How do you keep it from sagging in the middle and collecting water when it rains?
__________________
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
brendadave's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 218
Hi Roger, do you have a picture of it all zipped up and packed away?

Also, just wondering if you have a problem with the bag hanging in the way of the door.

Thanks
__________________
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Posts: 278
Very nice results! Is that a stiffener bar I see, close in to the bag?
__________________
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 32
Quote:
Your job is as neet and tidy as the trailer is shiney however, I don't see any support from the trailer to the front edge. How do you keep it from sagging in the middle and collecting water when it rains?
I just tip the supports in to lower one side, I'm also making a center pole that will arch the awning slightly at the center, it will run from center to center. (not to the ground). Thanks for the comment, it really does work out nice.
__________________
Roger Hunckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #8
Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 32
Quote:
Hi Roger, do you have a picture of it all zipped up and packed away?

Also, just wondering if you have a problem with the bag hanging in the way of the door.

Thanks
If you see the other post (spraying clear) I have pics of it stowed, it rests just above the door and doesn't interfere.
Attached Thumbnails
100_1015__Medium_.JPG  
__________________
Roger Hunckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 32
Quote:
Very nice results! Is that a stiffener bar I see, close in to the bag?
That's probably cording your seeing, the fabric is actually sewn to the bag, the only bar on the awing is at the outer end and is sewn in.

Roger
__________________
Roger Hunckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #10
Member
 
Trailer: Trillium 13 ft.-1974, Scamps 16 ft.-1996 & 13 ft.-2003
Posts: 51
Hi Roger: That is an awesome awning! My congrats to you wife on the sewing job. The shine on your Trill is unbelievable too!
I have the same Trill-but a 1974. What type of a converter(brand name) are you using? I'm still shopping for something that is updated from what I have, I assume as an original. and the converter started to smoke last fall! -Thanks, Mary Lynn
__________________
Mary Lynn K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #11
Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 32
Quote:
Hi Roger: That is an awesome awning! My congrats to you wife on the sewing job. The shine on your Trill is unbelievable too!
I have the same Trill-but a 1974. What type of a converter(brand name) are you using? I'm still shopping for something that is updated from what I have, I assume as an original. and the converter started to smoke last fall! -Thanks, Mary Lynn
Thanks! I am not using a converter, just an automatic charger. I have a converter that I have not installed, unless I add a/c to it I probably won't change anything.

Roger
__________________
Roger Hunckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Boler 1980 13 ft
Posts: 19
Quote:
Here is the bag awning we made for our 75 Trillium, I used a discarded 20' awning fabric and cut it down to the right length, my wife made a bag using the cording from the awning and the zippered bag out of marine vinyl that we had from another project with a heavy duty nylon zipper. I used an aluminum pole for the end and sewed it in, then went to Lowes and bought the elbows and conduit for the tension poles (real cheap) Here it is set up, I think we have about 15 dolloars invested and it!!!!!
Awesome awning!! Hubbie was just talking as to how to do or get a bag awning for our boler.

What did you use for holding it in the track?? Do you leave it on while driving??- assume not... as i couldn't see any attachment
__________________

__________________
Ria. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
trillium


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAKEN - Free - original Trillium awning & poles Liz&Kev Classified Archives 6 06-28-2010 03:09 PM
Trillium rockguard/awning refurbish Kathleen Gross Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 4 05-26-2010 08:46 PM
Value of Original Trillium Awning? John Groom General Chat 5 06-19-2007 07:46 PM
Trillium Awning Joe Loiacono Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 7 06-04-2007 08:30 AM
Screened Awning or Add-A-Room/ Trillium 4500 Dave Baston General Chat 4 04-11-2006 09:10 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.