76 Boler Reno/Rework - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2021, 11:26 PM   #101

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
Gotta get this thing done for the weekend - ya know what I'll be doing for my next 40 hours!
I know this is a really old post, but can you explain how you made your window coverings and how each piece is attached. Love what you did to your little egg.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:37 AM   #102

Name: Karl in Elmira ON
Trailer: Boler 1300-76
Ontario
Registry
Window Coverings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
I know this is a really old post, but can you explain how you made your window coverings and how each piece is attached. Love what you did to your little egg.
Thanks Nancy_F

So the vance is 2 parts. The material is covering corrugated plastic (stuff lawn signs are made of), wrapped and hot-glued. Then the two pieces glued together...

Click Here for picture It seems images aren't showing up?!

The sides are fastened with an inner tab to the walls and are deep enough to hold the drop down panels when rolled up. I used a light black foam sheeting (like laminate floor underlay) for the panels and also glued the material just around the edge so it wasn't visible outside (they covered the frame well). That way they are light blocking. The panels just velcro on to the window edges and can be taken right out (for traveling etc). Here you can see how deep the valence is on the kitchen window...

Image link here

Hope that helps!
Karl :v)
kgingeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:05 PM   #103

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgingeri View Post
Thanks Nancy_F

So the vance is 2 parts. The material is covering corrugated plastic (stuff lawn signs are made of), wrapped and hot-glued. Then the two pieces glued together...

Click Here for picture It seems images aren't showing up?!

The sides are fastened with an inner tab to the walls and are deep enough to hold the drop down panels when rolled up. I used a light black foam sheeting (like laminate floor underlay) for the panels and also glued the material just around the edge so it wasn't visible outside (they covered the frame well). That way they are light blocking. The panels just velcro on to the window edges and can be taken right out (for traveling etc). Here you can see how deep the valence is on the kitchen window...

Image link here

Hope that helps!
Karl :v)
Thannk you for your assistance. am still trying to decide which way to go with window coverings. The original curtain rod holders are still in my boler but kinda look ugly and not very strong.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler