‘76 Scamp Rescue and Renovation - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2019, 07:04 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdobqb View Post
I found that I need to resize my pics to under the 1600 x 1600 (max size for attachments) before I attach them to stop the rotating. Works for me but YMMV.

It's not the resizing that stops them from rotating. It's that you imported them into a photo processing program and then saved them that strips coding that causes pix to be rotated on this site.

I don't resize my pix before posting. I do email them from the iPhone to myself and then export them to the desktop on my MacBook Air. That works.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #22

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Glenn, I originally tried just importing them and resaving them in my editor and got no love but then was successful when I resized them. So I guess whatever works is what you do It's certainly easier when I don't have to turn my Macbook on its side
bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #23

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlevoixboy View Post
Also I have no idea why the pictures keep getting flipped. Doing it on both phones even though it looks fine on the phone’s camera app. Any ideas?
yes I do know why they are getting flipped. On all cell phones and tablets the way it works for photos is this

Have the home button on the bottom when taking a vertical photo

Have the home bottom next to your right hand when taking a horizontal photo.

You can quickly get used to remembering the rule with a little chant. When taking a horizontal photo chanting the reminder "right is right". When doing a vertical use the reminder "down is down".
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #24

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlevoixboy View Post
Also I have no idea why the pictures keep getting flipped. Doing it on both phones even though it looks fine on the phone’s camera app. Any ideas?
yes I do know why they are getting flipped. On all cell phones and tablets the way it works for photos is this

You will quickly remember the rule with the help of repeating a couple of chants. When taking a horizontal photo chant "right is right". When doing a vertical use the chant "down is down".
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #25

Name: William
Trailer: in the market
MI - Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post

You will quickly remember the rule with the help of repeating a couple of chants. When taking a horizontal photo chant "right is right". When doing a vertical use the chant "down is down".

That’s the way I’m taking them, I made sure of it this time! Haha! This site must be getting goofed up with the string of info mentioned earlier, I’m going to try to use a program to wipe it clean and see if that helps
charlevoixboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #26

Name: William
Trailer: in the market
MI - Michigan
Not too much to update, but I’ve finished stripping the paint off all the benches, kitchen area and closet so that’s finally behind me. I’ve focused on getting the latex off the ensolite and by FAR the fastest and easiest way to do this is with a handheld steamer and a 240 grit bristled brush for a drill. It just peels and rolls right off with the drill. Hopefully have it all off in the next few days.

I pulled the heater out and took the control valve apart. Pretty crusty and crappy looking so the valve got pitched and a new one was plumbed in. I’m toying with remaking the entire furnace out of stainless or thicker steel vs the crappy thin stuff this old wagonmaster heater has. We’ll see. The stove valves were all rusted up as well so if anyone has any leads on a new one or a whole new unit I’d be interested to hear your theoughts/experiences.

I also yanked the fridge out and will be throwing it away as it’s completely shot, so if anyone knows a good replacement (120v/propane) I’m all ears.

Thanks everyone!
charlevoixboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp