78 Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #21

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Very Nice Trailer.</span>
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 1978 Boler 17 ft
Kevin here are some pics on the AC venting, I just used a Fridge vent for the intake on the side of the boler, underneath a small return air vent with the fins pointing backwards, its mounted just behind the floor brace at the front, to provid protection from water etc.

One could install a cover if needed. Dave

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010002.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	22051
[attachment=26386:
P1010006.JPG]

Name:	P1010008.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	22054

Attached Thumbnails
P1010004.JPG   P1010006.JPG  

P1010009.JPG  
David Duxbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #23

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Quote:
Good Day People. thanks for the replys, (and yes to James) the stands have been shortened as the ones that are available are too long to go under the Boler, just aluminum angle and pop rivets, no real weight, forgot to state that.
Madeleine my wife and I are going to Mosport Grand Prix near Bowmanville off the 401Hwy at the end of August we always park behind the GO-Cart track gate 2 might so if there are any race nuts going might see you there.
All the Best Dave
Which race is that Dave? They had the one race in June? We will be going to the Zippo Grand Prix in Watkins Glen on the Sept4th weekend. That is always a real good time.
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #24

Trailer: 79 Boler 17 ft
Very cool Dave.

Permission to steal your design?....but first really want to find out from you how well it works.

I like the small and understated range vent. With the deflector you put, I can see that the A/C fan itself does the air movement.

Terribly curious on how well it chills the whole trailer. (Home Depot is selling 5000 btu units for $100 bucks)

Kevin.

KevinDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:48 AM   #25

Hi Kevin. Yeh its one of those 5000 BTU units from Canadian Tire, same price.
It works well, a small circulating fan mounted somewere should do the trick.
As I say if you dont try it you dont know, its not like I was cutting into a expensive new trailer.
I thought a finer screens on the vents to keep the yellow jackets out
Dave.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 79 Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Hi Kevin. Yeh its one of those 5000 BTU units from Canadian Tire, same price.
It works well, a small circulating fan mounted somewere should do the trick.
As I say if you dont try it you dont know, its not like I was cutting into a expensive new trailer.
I thought a finer screens on the vents to keep the yellow jackets out
Dave.

Yah, throw in some window screen/mosquito screen behind each of the vents should do the trick. So the small vent on the side permits enough intake air to prevent the unit from overheating? And the whole trailer gets cool? Does the unit continually run, or does it cycle on and off? Since it is on the floor, does the unit push enough cool air up higher as well? I am being cautious before I cut a hole in the side. Mind you, the hole is relatively small. How is the noise factor? Do you use it to chill the place down prior to sleep? Is it tolerable to run while you are sleeping?

What I like about the whole concept is that if it breaks down and you abandon it, you can simply pull it out, put the cabinet door over top the hole and away to you.

By the way, Nice panelling job on the interior.

Kevin.
KevinDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:01 AM   #27

Kevin, the unit is not loud, but the ciculating fan will be a must because of it being on the floor.
I have not really tested it for a long time yet, as you know weather has not been up to par for southern Ont this year.
One could try a unit place it on the floor in a tray and see how it works, along with a fan ???
Dave.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #28

Trailer: Boler 17 ft 1977 / 04 Explorer Sport Trac
Quote:
Kevin, the unit is not loud, but the ciculating fan will be a must because of it being on the floor.
I have not really tested it for a long time yet, as you know weather has not been up to par for southern Ont this year.
One could try a unit place it on the floor in a tray and see how it works, along with a fan ???
Dave.
David
Could you not install an upward deflector over the cool air output ? Like something of that kind :

Name:	AirConditionner.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	22149
Raymond Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:36 AM   #29

Hi Raymond,sure but its close to the door , dont want to be hitting it with my legs.
It works well the way it is, The reason I choose the location was its out of the way, and one can sacrifice the space there.
I still think a little circular fan maybe at the back of the Boler mounted under the back cupboards Dave.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #30

Trailer: 1972 Boler American
Registry
Quote:
Hi Raymond,sure but its close to the door , dont want to be hitting it with my legs.
It works well the way it is, The reason I choose the location was its out of the way, and one can sacrifice the space there.
I still think a little circular fan maybe at the back of the Boler mounted under the back cupboards Dave.
Hi Dave,

Interesting thread. I have had an air conditioner mounted in my trailer for about three years. This year I had planed to add an electric fan to force air through the air conditioner unit. I will control the fan with the internal circuitry of the air conditioner so it works with the other blowers. (Just havent gotten around to it.) I have the A/C mounted on the floor where the old refrigerator was located. I have the intake air ducted to the sides of the air conditioner and the discharge blowing straight out. I think that the underside intake is probably a better idea and am contemplating that modification. The unit cycles on and off indicating that it is large enough. I have a small circular fan mounted to the wall to circulate air inside the camper. I will post a photo if you want.
Marty
Marty Smiltneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #31

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Hi Dave,

Interesting thread. I have had an air conditioner mounted in my trailer for about three years. This year I had planed to add an electric fan to force air through the air conditioner unit. I will control the fan with the internal circuitry of the air conditioner so it works with the other blowers. (Just havent gotten around to it.) I have the A/C mounted on the floor where the old refrigerator was located. I have the intake air ducted to the sides of the air conditioner and the discharge blowing straight out. I think that the underside intake is probably a better idea and am contemplating that modification. The unit cycles on and off indicating that it is large enough. I have a small circular fan mounted to the wall to circulate air inside the camper. I will post a photo if you want.
Marty
Marty, I would really appreciate seeing a photo of your A/C install. I have been looking at installing an A/C in my Boler in exactly that spot and installing a fridge on the wheel well.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #32

Trailer: 1972 Boler American
Registry
Quote:
Marty, I would really appreciate seeing a photo of your A/C install. I have been looking at installing an A/C in my Boler in exactly that spot and installing a fridge on the wheel well.
Here are the photos, http://www.flickr.com/photos/martys_pictur...57621899852932/
one is from the outside. In the present configuration I have the intake air comeing in through the top refer vent and out the lower. The a/c unit will overheat after a couple of hours of 100 degree weather. I have plans to raise the air conditioner to the top of the refer cutout and add an additional fan in the bottom forcing air into the a/c unit through ducts and out the upper refer vent grate. That way convection will work for me as well as the forced air. belts and suspenders approach.
I will post photos when I get a chance of the mods.
Marty Smiltneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #33

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
David, how is that 5000 BTU a/c working out for you? I too have a 17 ft B and trying to think of a good place to put one. Under the closet seems to limit the size of a/c and take away from the closet. By the door would seem to be a great place. Make and model of unit ??
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler