$8.88 12v Camp Shower - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
$8.88 12v Camp Shower

I was wandering around XS Cargo today and came across this 12 Volt Portable Car Wash System priced at only $8.88!

What you get is a 25 litre bucket that has a small 12 volt pump in it, 25 feet of garden hose with quick connects, a hose nozzle, a waterproof on/off switch and the 12v cigarette lighter plug. The idea behind it is that you can wash your car with this set up. I was a little skeptical on the power it would spray the water out at for a car wash, but thought it might be good enough for a portable camp shower.

So I picked one up. After setting it up, my thoughts were correct, not really good for a car wash, but for a shower, it had lots of pressure!! More pressure than some of the campground showers I've used over the years. As soon as you turn the power switch on a few seconds later the water starts to shoot out. I set the spray nozzle at a medium rate and the shower lasted 8 minutes and 30 seconds.

I have a shower tent I picked up late last fall for $25 and will incorporate this unit with it. I set it up and clamped the nozzle inside the shower, about 6.5 feet high and with the full length of 25 feet of hose. The pressure was still the same.

A few years back I installed a 12 volt plug on the frame of my Boler, so I will set up the shower tent behind the Boler and plug in for power. I was also thinking of using a 12v-14v cordless drill battery for a power source, this will let me set up the shower tent anywhere on my site then.

It looks like the pump system can easily be separated from the bucket if you only wanted to use the pumping setup. I could see a few different ways someone might want to customize this into their camper.

I think I might do away with the 25 feet of garden hose and get some lighter gauge clear 1/2 inch tubing and a cheap hand held shower head to use with the setup.

Here is the link to the XS Cargo Website:
XSCargo

Here are a few pics and I will upload a Youtube video shortly:

Box

25 Litre Pail

Pump inside the pail

The rubberized on/off switch which leads to the 12v cigarette plug

The complete unit

Shower Tent. You can see the hose and on/off switch coming in through the back flap.

The back of the shower tent. I used my RV battery for the test run, but will plug it into my Boler or a cordless drill battery when camping.

Here is the nozzle with the water spraying out. It ran for 8 and a half minutes before it ran out of water. With the on/off switch in the tent, you could turn it off when lathering up, thus making your shower longer.
Jayson Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #2

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
OMG...this is so great for all us Boonedockers!!! WOW can't beat the costs!
Thanks!
I have tried a number of things or ways, many did not work to good, this one has real potential.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #3

Virginia
Okay, went to the site and can't find the product. Maybe a store special. So disapointed. I wonder if anyone is selling these things in US. Will be searching...
Old 06-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
That could also double to fill your freshwater tank from jugs, something like Gina posted a few years back.

Where was the XScargo you picked it up in Jayson? city/ town your profile gives no indicaton of where you are.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #5

I think the sale starts tomorrow officially, as i was in the store and there was ni price on it, so i asked a store worker to check the price.

The link I posted has the item.on there for $8.88, just no.information on it yet. Check it again in the next few days.

There's a logo on the bottom of the bucket called " Save A Drop Products Australia ". So Im guessing its made in Australia
Old 06-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #6

I picked it up in Winnipeg. Im assuming they will be available chain wide
Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 AM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Just in case you can't find a portable shower

Jayson you gave me an idea incase I can't find what you have for 8.88
Thankyou Jason

I will use my little pond pump that we use in our little barrel in the back yard .
Just need an inverter 12v to 120v and a plastic bucket

Parts below from Home Depot or Walmart
Attached Thumbnails
AD40080_AL_4.jpg   15410.AD49118_4.jpg  

15410.AD42126_4.jpg  
Old 06-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #8

Trailer: Home Built
Then use fusion plastic paint and paint the bucket black, or get a black bucket, solar heated water!!!
D White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #9

Virginia
These things cost $31.99, found it by Googling "Mantis"
They seem to make a varity of products...
Old 09-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #10

Trailer: 74 Boler 13 ft / 97 Ford Aerostar
Registry
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wall View Post
I picked it up in Winnipeg. Im assuming they will be available chain wide
Great tip. I picked one up in Edmonton at XS Cargo for $8 back in July after reading your post, but they were hidden in a corner and I had to search for it. As you said, the feeble water pressure is perfect for a shower when you want to save water, as I do. I have taken the system out of the bucket and cut the hose length by a lot, and will be attaching a shower head with an off switch and installing it in a corner shower stall in my trailer. That is currently in process. For us, not having a shower is a much more pressing issue than not having a toilet in the trailer. We have tried shower tents, but don’t feel comfortable using them in some of the places we camp. However, I would not have bothered without finding this little pump.

Thanks,
Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #11

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Here's something from Harbor Freight

12v Marine Utility Water Pump
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #12

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma

carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #13

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post

That is kind of overkill. I use this same pump to water trees from 55 gallon barrels. You can use a much smaller pump for a shower.

I use this one for a shower.

DC30A-1230 12V DC CPU Cooling CAR Brushless Water Pump Waterproof Submersible | eBay