'81 burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 82 Burro 13 ft
i finally got some decent pics of my burro... it's in pretty rough shape, but not beyond repair... (i hope) i'm not gonna complain, as it cost me only $205 + gas $$ to pick it up in MI from WI...
the previous-to-the-previous owner had "converted" it into a vending trailer, & also changed the frame... the original side windows must've been in very bad shape, as the windows on it now were considered an improvement... nevertheless, it has been neglected for a loooong time, according to the '93 license plate... 15+ years of neglect...
anyway, i'mna use this thread to document the F/G repairs over this summer (& possibly the next)
but this is how she looks now, with all the interior gutted...
Attached Thumbnails
steve1_013.jpg   steve1_014.jpg  

steve1_015.jpg   steve1_016.jpg  

steve1_006.jpg   steve1_003.jpg  

steve1_004.jpg   steve1_007.jpg  

steven jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #2

just a few more...
Attached Thumbnails
steve1_008.jpg   steve1_012.jpg  

steve1_019.jpg   steve1_017.jpg  

Old 03-10-2008, 12:10 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft
Steve - Good luck with your project! A little Green & Gold paint and it'll look great!
Rick Helgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:43 PM   #4

lol, a little more work than that... the exterior was painted, & i'll need to sand the whole thing when i do the final exterior repairs, then paint...
i'mna start with replacing the floor, & repair the holes in the lower half... when i can afford new windows, i'll begin fiberglassing the side window holes back to original shape, fix the sagging roof & put in a new roof vent... realign the door & get new gaskets
once the exterior is sealed up ok, then i'll go to work on the interior redesign...
--- steven
Old 03-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #5

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500 Deluxe

Steve,
You slipped one away from my area. I live in Howell, MI near Lansing, MI. I found, fixed-up and sold 2 Trilliums last year that I found in Michigan. How did you come across it and what city in Michigan was it located? Thanks
Dave
Dave Baston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #6

it was near Detroit, in a town called Ida...
i found it on ebay, & bid on a whim... i really didn't think i'd get it, so when i won, i had to contact the seller when i paid to arrange to pick it up at a later date... (2 months later)
i've been wanting a 13' fgrv for a long time, but i couldn't afford a "mint" or even "good" trailer... so i hafta build my dream incrementally... by having to start with the gutted, rough shell, i don't hafta feel bad about making radical changes...
--- steven
Old 03-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
i couldn't afford a "mint" or even "good" trailer... so i hafta build my dream incrementally...
That's how I got my 1st trailer. You'll learn a lot in the process.

Congratulations!

Tags
burro