82 Boler 17 ft A/C in the closet? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #1

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
82 Boler 17 ft A/C in the closet?

I been reading how people are putting the A/C in the closet and I think that is a great mod. But in my 17 ft I have a 15 inch wide closet. How am I to get a A/C (7000 BTU's) in a area so small? What brand and model is everyone else using? It would have to big enough to cool the Boler.
I don't care to install in one of the windows. Rather have it out of the way and ready to go when needed.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0081.JPG  
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We have a 15" wide closet with a 5000 BTU Fridgedare AC unit. The AC unit is 13" wide.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #3

Florida
Thanks Honda, I live in Florida and it gets pretty hot. Do you think a 5000 BTU is enough for me? Also, do you know the model # to your a/c unit?
Old 04-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #4

Name: danny
Trailer: 1981 Scamp
Florida
Registry
I am putting in a front dinette in my rebuild. and i am thinking of putting the a.c. under the dinette table setting out side on the hitch this will not take up room in side the unit.

I have a hammer, nails and duck tape. I can fix it.

Danny
renewableart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Shawn,

I've yet to experience summer in FL. The worse environment has been an 80+ degree day in when my wife had all 3 burners going. Turning on the AC and a 'blow around' fan on near the AC quickly brought the temp down to tolerable levels. It takes a while to bring temps down to the 70s but it starts moving in that direction and probably more importantly begins removing humidity.

I would guess if a 5000 btu unit can cool your bedroom it probably can cool your Boler.

I don't off hand know my model, but Walmarts typically has them fro $100-130 by Fridgedaire. I just took one we had at home and never used. I'll check for the number in the morning.

Danny,

A Scamp friend of mine, Kerry, added an AC to the front of his tongue, nicely fiberglassing it in. If he doesn't follow up I can try to link the two of you.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #6

Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
I don't off hand know my model, but Walmarts typically has them fro $100-130 by Fridgedaire.
We also use a Frigidaire 5000 BTU in our 13'. Walmart at the time had a good price and delivery was cheap and fast.

Pay attention to good airflow and water drainage as well as how well it fits. There are several good installs on this site and if you can't find them, just ask.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #7

Florida
I read where a guy put a window unit under his bench seat and I thought that was a good deal but laying on the floor I wouldnt think it would work too great.
Putting a portable on the hitch is a idea. If there is picture I would sure like to take a look. Since they use a remote it should work. Wonder if he used a dual hose system!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 AM   #8

Florida
Has anyone put in a mini-split a/c system? Have the unit sitting on the tongue and just drill a small hole in the glass to run the lines to the indoor unit. Here is what I have found. It is still early morning time here so I cant get on the phone but here is what I am talking about.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Conditioner-Dehumidification-Ventilation-Installation/dp/B0095I9IAQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_11

Tags
boler