'84 Burro 13' interior floor reinforcement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: Burro 13'
Ohio
'84 Burro 13' interior floor reinforcement

Whew! had a busy day with mods and repair. Once the floor in front of the door was done, it was time to cut and fit some 3/4" plywood to the existing floor. It's just a temp fix, the complete floors and frame will be done next winter. I had some tongue and groove plywood in the garage, but used another on-hand piece of furniture grade plywood for the rearmost section. Both seams fall on the existing framework.

I picked up some gym type 2' X 2' interlocking foam squares at Harbor Freight on sale for under $8 for four. I got plenty to do the Burro. While I was at Menard's I picked up some vinyl flooring samples. The vinyl would be inexpensive, but this floor is only temporary. I don't want carpeting or laminate since the floors will get wet from dive equipment. Vinyl seems like the practical choice. Tomorrow I'll screw down the floor, but need to get some SS screws first. EVERY fastener being replaced is SS. Getting out the old floor screws was fun: penetrating oil, a MAP gas torch and vice grips from underneath. Of all the interior floor screws, only two came out without snapping. Now it's time for the hot tub, my back is mad at me now,
TomZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro