Finally - I've taken another step forward.
After removing the front window and filling the hole I realized that I wasn't quite satisfied. Then I ran across a round window on the net - intended for use in a conversion van. This I like. It has given me the vision for the rebuild that I was struggling to find.
I've attached a few pics showing the framed in bathroom and front closet. Most of the closet will be dedicated to hanging clothes - at Janna's suggestion. The lowest section will probably be a hamper.
The layout creates a sort of 'hallway' at the front of the trailer, which hopefully will visually keep it from feeling so confined - a 58" bed in a 10' cabin really doesn't leave much floor space.
I splurged and bought a Kreg jig ( www.kreg
tool.com ). It has turned out to be the perfect tool for a novice cabinet maker like myself. Once the freshly painted floor dries I'm going to epoxy in the cabinet, lay down the vinyl flooring and glue in the two plywood walls I already have cut.