It's now been nearly two years since I launched our Scamp
13 redo and posted pics of my early progress. So I've started a new thread for this update. The original is at
a blank slate
Apart from the wooden cabinetry, which is framed with poplar and paneled with birch plywood and 3Form resin panels, my approach focused on strengthening the shell by glassing everything in place and reinforcing the roof with additional plywood and 'beams'. I insulated it with 5/8" closed cell foam which I found locally. The foam is covered with vinyl. For whatever reason the vinyl over foam has been problematic - I have had to re-glue several pieces. (I used marine vinyl and both 3M spray adhesive and DAP brush on contact cement- this may be part of the problem.)
The bathroom is very small - the door stays open while it is in use and is positioned so as to provide privacy; one pic shows this. The vessel sink is epoxied in place.
Notice that we do not have any indoor cooking appliances. We do all of our cooking outdoors in a 'camping kitchen'. I'll take some pics of it and post them when we take our next trip, which should be Edisto Beach State Park in October.