A couple of simple mods - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #15

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Changing sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Funny, just like the bed the side you choose the first night remains yours for eternity!
I had never thought about changing sides but I believe changing sides of the bed is a worthwhile variation, something worth trying.

Ginny and I have changed where we sleep in the trailer and at home. In the trailer I used to sleep on the inside and now the outside. Similarly we've changed sides of the queen bed at home.

On the rare occasion we go to a motel where there's no as usual reference I just hope in.

It's good to stump eternity once in a while.....

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #16

Name: p@
Trailer: Casita
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
I really need to install a sound system that I can plug in my iPod or play pandora through.
i've done that and am very glad i did. tunes enhance any camping experience.

i'm not sure which is my fav mod (usually the one most recently completed) but there's two couldn't live without... the 40 gallon grey tank and the screen door.

p@

Old 10-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #17

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Hi Sid, does the SensaTank tank monitoring system work well? I have been looking for something like this for my Parkliner - thanks Kevin
Old 10-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1995 Scamp 13
Pennsylvania
Registry
I put powered speakers in mine, in the upper rear cabinet. Then we got a bluetooth speaker, it puts the Altec Lansing speakers to shame, and no cords! We can put it right on the picnic table, or inside right where we are to keep the volume to a reasonable level. Nothing like listening to someone else's idea of great music from 5 sites away.

Best mod so far (haven't really done many yet) is adding 12v and 5v circuits using Anderson Powerpole connectors. I have pigtails made up for all the things I want to power/charge, and just switch them out as needed. Going to re-wire this winter anyway, so I'm adding the connectors in various locations. The 5v adapter was really cheap on Amazon, provides 5 amps at 5vdc, so it will charge pretty much every USB device I have, at once. Also got one to put into the overhead console in the truck, so I can charge my phone when it's in the cradle up there, it gets used as a GPS, music player, and sometimes even a phone up there.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #19
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014 V6 Jeep Cherokee
Minnesota
Registry
KevinD
Sorry for the delay in the response are up on the North Shore of Minnesota looking at the fall colors and the waterfalls.
The tank monitoring system is working great! The one I got is for two tanks so it works well with the freshwater and the grey water. It's a capasitive sensing system that goes on the outside of each tank with three sensors ,bonded in place with 3m VHB tape. Each tank reads empty, one quarter , one half and full.
Since that's all the resolution I'm looking for I'm happy with it.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #20

Alabama
Sid, thanks for responding back. Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #21

Alabama
The monitoring system sounds like exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again-Kevin

Old 10-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #22
Sid

Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevind View Post
The monitoring system sounds like exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again-Kevin

No problem Kevin.
To be honest I was slightly worried that the grey tank sensors would have difficulty because I think that is a double walled tank. So either I was mistaken or they still can pick up the dielectric change when water is present. Ether way they work!
Sid
Old 10-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #23

Name: D and R
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Registry
I like the idea of a tank monitoring system. Kevin,what brand did you buy and where did you get it from? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #24

Alabama
I have not purchased a monitoring system yet. Sid did and had very good luck. Look several threads back and you will see a picture of his system as well as the discussion Sid and I had on his success - Kevin
Old 10-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #25

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
dlux,

Check out this site. I think I like this one better than the "SeeLevel" brand I was planning on purchasing! You dont have to "seal" these sensors like the ones on SeeLevel's sensor boards (for the outside grey tank on my Scamp).

SensaTank II Fluid Monitoring System with Field-Effect sensors

Darral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlux View Post
I like the idea of a tank monitoring system. Kevin,what brand did you buy and where did you get it from? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #26
Sid

Minnesota
Registry
Darryl
If you go back a page you will see that that is the one I installed. Works great on my 2 tank system.
Sid
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #27

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
My apologies Sid. I did as Kevin suggested, went back to your pic and zoomed in on it to retrieve the name off of it. I didnt mention that in my post to "dlux". You are the one that brought this one to our attention and your pic is the reason I went to their website to check it out! That's when I posted a link to it. I've been comparing it to the "SeeLevel" brand and so far really like this one except I need the 3-tank version- Black, Grey, Fresh.

I'll be doing alot of research and comparing between now and spring- when I actually intend on installing mine. Thanks again for sharing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Darryl
If you go back a page you will see that that is the one I installed. Works great on my 2 tank system.
Sid
Old 10-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #28
Sid

Minnesota
Registry
Ok. I had to get one more in prior to winterization.
Since we leave our dinette set up all the time and will never need the bunk option until grandkids come along the front corner of our PL is unused. For the time being I created a freestanding corner cabinet. It straddles the long cushion underneath and has a wooden bottom to keep the contents separated from the cushion. It's sits quite securely so I'm not really worried about it shifting during travel. Here are a few pics, it's a work in progress and I don't have it stained or the trim on it yet.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413500376.776197.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	77755Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413500400.363441.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	77756Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413500432.934227.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	80.2 KB