A Note of Gratitude & Pics of Mods - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2014, 04:51 AM   #1

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
A Note of Gratitude & Pics of Mods

Dear Friends,
I've finally taken my Scamp on two outings this year and loved every minute of it - what a joy! While on my last trip, I took photos of all of the projects and modifications that I was so dearly assisted with. It took a couple of weeks of on and off work, with the help of a friend, to get it all done.
From re-doing bad rivets, to help with understanding "how things work," the list is endless for the countless replies and private messages I received in support of my learning journey. Although so many people helped me along the way, I particularly want to thank Floyd, Carol H., Tim W., Mary and Bob, Francesca Knowles and Gregg A. for their tireless e-mails and support of my learning journey. There were so many others...thank you!
What you'll see here are pics of the propane detector with toggle switch for turning on/off during battery power only, Classic Bag Awning from Shademaker, MaxxAir Roof Vent Cover, TV Mount, closet shelves with PVC supports and cedar plywood shelving (hole cut below for more space), gas gauge, over the closet door storage, carpet strip to prevent snags at dinette area, and so much more.
I learned how to use a rivet gun here, how rivets work, about waxes, bearings and greasing, towing and weight limits, fiberglass and gelcoat...oh my gosh! So much.
Please note I'll have to post again, as it appears I can only upload 4 images at a time. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart!

Sincerely and Respectfully,
Wendy (CampyTime)
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:57 AM   #2

New York
Registry
A Note of Gratitude: #2

Hi Again,
I just checked my posting and my 4 pics did not seem to upload. I'll try again here in this posting. If no luck, I'll have to play around with it again this evening, as I know they're all JPG images (but perhaps too large?)

Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0193.jpg   IMG_0204.jpg  

Old 06-17-2014, 05:01 AM   #3

New York
Registry
Here's Two More Pics w/Gratitude

Hello Again,
It would appear that only two photos of whatever size mine are can be uploaded at once. I don't want to annoy anyone with multiple postings, so I will attach only two more photos here, unless I get the go ahead that you would like to see more!

Wendy
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0197.jpg   IMG_0194.jpg  

Old 06-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Looks great Wendy! Like the TV mount ;-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #5

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Great job Wendy. And I agree, this forum is wonderful with all the help and support we get for our endeavors.
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #6

New York
Registry
I'm going to try and upload a few more photos here using my iPhone that I couldn't get to this am. Thank you for the compliments!

WendyClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1403052806.461493.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	72591Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1403052850.003209.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	72592Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1403052904.598314.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	72593
Old 06-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #7

New York
Registry
And finally, since I see this is working with my phone, here's a few more. I'm happy to answer any questions if I may be of help to other new scampers out there!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1403053088.176859.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	72594Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1403053107.561402.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	72595Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1403053147.992866.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	72596
Old 06-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #8

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Great job Wendy. Love the pictures. We are dog lovers also. I have in-laws that live in Keesville N.Y.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #9

New York
Registry
Hi Papa T,
Thank you for writing! I do indeed live my dog Katrina. It was getting a bit chilly and since she's a "southern belle" (all the way from Kentucky) she gets the shivers at night when the temps drop some. Was rather chilly this last trip and I had to run the furnace in the am to warm us up some.

Ok she's spoiled...what can I say? I love her to death and she lives camping! When I tell her were going camping, I am promptly rewarded with a face full of doggie kisses. Bless her little heart!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #10

New York
Registry
I see Keesville is in the Adirondacks. I am originally from Watertown NY which is straight up 81. I'm from Sanborn, which is near Niagara Falls. Meant to say love my dog. Darn phones!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:25 AM   #11

Name: Steph
Trailer: Perris Pacer 13'
California
Registry
I really like the way your TV is mounted Wendy, great job. What size is that TV?
ratty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #12

New York
Registry
Hi Ratty3,

Thank you! The tv is a 15.6" Skyworth. I plug it in to my 12v connector and use a winegard amplified antenna. Works great!

Wendy
Old 06-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #13

Name: Steph
Trailer: Perris Pacer 13'
California
Registry
Thanks for the info Wendy. Happy camping and kiss Katrina for me!
ratty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #14

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
Hi Papa T,
Thank you for writing! I do indeed live my dog Katrina. It was getting a bit chilly and since she's a "southern belle" (all the way from Kentucky) she gets the shivers at night when the temps drop some. Was rather chilly this last trip and I had to run the furnace in the am to warm us up some.

Ok she's spoiled...what can I say? I love her to death and she lives camping! When I tell her were going camping, I am promptly rewarded with a face full of doggie kisses. Bless her little heart!
We have a Katrina fur kid in our family too. AKA Katie. Soon as we get the water jug and cooler out we get the bouncy "me too" dance of doggy delight.

She holds off on the kisses until she is in the car then the driver can expect an earful of doggie kisses by way of thank you as we pull out of the driveway.

She helps us remember that it is all about fun and adventure. Mixed with kick back time to watch the interesting world go by. They truly are a blessing.

A very nice job of modifying your camper to make it more livable too!
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:06 PM   #15

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Fantastic Mods, Wendy! Great job! Have many happy times to remember.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #16

New York
Registry
Thank you ratty3, RogerDat and D Davis for the wonderful compliments. I know many have done the same mods, but it means a lot when it all pulls together for you! I appreciate a the love and especially for Katrina (aka Weenie). She is the love of our lives complete with her howling, fur shedding adorable self!

Dogs keep you grounded and remind you of the importance of simple small pleasures, like the peaceful at ease feeling I get while camping, listening to music with a cold beer and family around. Ah, this is the life!

Bless you all,
Wendy