A project begins - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2003, 01:13 PM   #81

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I love the idea of do it yourself sandblasting place. Nothing like that here. We thought the price quoted us was their way of saying, "we don't do stovetops". We know someone who may get set up for sandblasting. It's funny, the only reason I'm thinking about the stove is that everything else is starting to look pretty good. For awhile there the stove was in first place, now it's falling behind. But enough about my stove...

Ches, your front table looks great.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:13 AM   #82

Quote:
Orginally posted by Chester Taje

Paint brand name is tremclat--Type of paint--Hi Heat.I got this idea from one of our members who had redone his stove.
Incidentally, I used the Tremclad High-Heat white on our stove-top as well. I found that it doesn't really clean up all that well. We were cooking spaghetti when the water boiled-over. It left brown stains on the paint which didn't want to wash or scrub off. Obviously this wouldn't be a problem with enamel.

Thankfully, there's lots of paint left in the Tremclad can so I can just re-spray it whenever it gets too stained.

Old 07-15-2003, 11:30 AM   #83

CHES

:conf
Hey why replace the chairs? You can move them out of the way when you want and if you need more outside seating they'd certainly move better than benches. Just think of all the storage space on the way to camp. And they'd be way more comfortable than a little bench. Of course you'd need some non-skid pads on the feet. Think of all the hassle you'd eliminate with no cushions to upholster, and with more visible flooring how much more spacious it would appear. You could even stack them 2 deep for when any of us stop at your site.
:L Can you tell I'm not a carpenter?
Good luck with the renos, because I have absolutely no doubt that you will ignore my work made easy suggestions (read 'lazy'!).
Jean

Old 07-15-2003, 03:30 PM   #84

Hi Jean
I don't ignore any one.Most of my ideas have come from good folks like yourself.All ideas are welcome.Thanks for positive feedback,:wave

Old 07-24-2003, 07:38 AM   #85

GOT ANY CABINET SUPPORTS.

HI THERE. FAB JOB YOU'RE DOING. DO U HAVE AN EXTRA SET OF THE BLACK IRON CABINET SUPPORTS FOR LEFT UPPER AND LOWER CABINETS. MINE ARE MISSING ON A 74. PLS ADVISE.

Old 07-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #86

An alternative

Dear Rebeccamarc,

I used a 1" wooden dowell in replacement of the iron support.

In my case I was able to put it under the cabinet corner and on top of the galley top. It is entirely under compression and is very strong and stable.

Old 07-27-2003, 08:52 PM   #87

Quote:
Orginally posted by rebeccamarc

HI THERE. FAB JOB YOU'RE DOING. DO U HAVE AN EXTRA SET OF THE BLACK IRON CABINET SUPPORTS FOR LEFT UPPER AND LOWER CABINETS. MINE ARE MISSING ON A 74. PLS ADVISE.
Hi
No I haven't got any,but I will probably do as as suggested and use a dowel decorated some how.
Ches

Old 07-28-2003, 01:27 AM   #88

What would you do to it?

Ches,
Leave it to you to go the extra mile and decorate a dowell.
I left mine natural with a finish. But I don't do things as well as you.

Old 07-28-2003, 10:05 AM   #89

Hi Thomas
You do things very well---Yup--got a few ideas on how to decorate dowel.:laugh