A Tale of Two CT13's - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-13-2019, 12:26 AM   #61

Name: Ken
Trailer: UHaul
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-NS27 View Post
For the hinges, through bolting to the inside or just screwing into just the outer shell?

Those are the same used on the burro. I think originally didn't bolt to the inside but previous owner of mine through bolted during a bad repair.
Dan,
It is a combination. There are two through bolts (10-24 x 1.25" long with nuts) and two into the shell (#10x3/4")

Transposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #62

New Jersey
Received the shower box today so I needed to hit the body shop and fit it...

Looks like all of the bodywork issues are done and they were busy sanding the body inside and out (inside will be painted bright white)..

Old 11-25-2019, 11:10 PM   #63

New Jersey
A bit more progress this week..

Old 11-25-2019, 11:10 PM   #64

New Jersey
As I am collecting the various parts and pieces for the interior, I was always bothered by the instability of the factory table and pedestal. I did a lot of searching and when I was watching an Airstream video recently, I saw their innovative twist lock pedestal and receiver. It looked like a brilliant solution, so I sourced and purchased the set. I received the base and the under-table mount today. The actual twist-lock pedestal is coming separately. But, wow, is this incredible quality!

The black button and the small serrated black piece are spring loaded from the bottom. So, I assume once the pedestal locks into the screw threads, that clicks to indicate its properly tightened.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:17 AM   #65

New Jersey
Some new progress at the bodyshop. Obviously this is just the primer, but you know what will soon follow!

And the top. I had them patch all of the holes from the solar panel since my solar panels will be connected directly to the exo-cage..

Old 11-29-2019, 09:28 AM   #66

Name: Daniel
Trailer: '82 Burro 13'
Northern VA
that may just be primer but I kinda like the flat-grey color. Looks really good.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:38 AM   #67

New Jersey
Thanks Dan. I do like the flat look as well, but Im going to match the car in a silver color.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:10 AM   #68

New Jersey
Guys, I just receive the Airstream pedestal today. This goes with the screw-in base and quick-release table mount. This triple combination is so incredible and rock sold, I recommend it to everyone that has a wobbly table. I source the parts from Woodland Airstream parts department. They were a pleasure to deal with and shipping was super fast. But, the real story here is how incredible this table pedestal system is. It is all made of aluminum (well, you know, it's Airstream) and therefore quite lightweight. The pedestal screws into the base and then clicks when it's tight. The top simply press-clicks to lock it in. Both top and bottom are rock solidly attached. Wobbles are a thing of the past. HIGHLY recommended...

https://woodlandtravelcenterstore.co...eoTtpUiFcLz7-g

https://woodlandtravelcenterstore.co...1FqBasP0TRCz2k

https://woodlandtravelcenterstore.co...jJlk2-nW4xz0nM

Worthy of an "amazing" rating.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:11 AM   #69

New Jersey
I am currently trying to plan the locations for all of the various parts and pieces inside the camper. I came up with this. I'd love to hear any critiques of the layout!