Acess door to see water tank level - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
Name: JW
Trailer: Casita
Acess door to see water tank level

I always dreaded fillin the scamps water tank as someone would have to lift the cushions and the wooden hatch under the seat to see how close we were to being full (or empty for that matter) and filling by yourself was worse. I bought a marine inspection port and cut a hole on the outside of the scamp after carefully measuring where the best viewing location would be. That area of the camper is flat too by the way. Now I just unscrew the cap and check the level right there where I am filling it!
Attached Thumbnails
20140706_120242.jpg   20140706_120254.jpg  

20140706_122318.jpg   20140706_122611.jpg  

gihuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Thanks, great idea.

First time I filled my tank it was like, really, no way to find the level without upsetting the bed or chair. You did it on outside. Would something like that on inside be good too? Then again, you fill on outside so this is all figured out the best way already.

Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Am I weird that this seems like an unnecessary mod? I have an over flow tube - I fill the tank until it comes out the over flow. If I want a certain amount in the tank then I measure it going in (like from gallon milk jugs or 3 gallon water bottles).

It seems like a bigger concern about when you are going to run out. Maybe an access door on the inside or a level sensor?

That being said I still want to add doors to my exterior so this was still informative.

SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Here's an inside version of the same idea...
Attached Thumbnails
scamp pictures 016.jpg  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote