Added a MaxxAir Fan to my ParkLiner today! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2014, 12:26 AM   #1

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Added a MaxxAir Fan to my ParkLiner today!

After reading about it and experiencing a rainy humid night I ordered and installed it today. Wish they didn't use rivets lol. To keep my interior wood spacer for the trim ring in place I had to use 2 screws from the roof into it to hold it in place so the exterior trim ring would screw through the fiberglass, bubble wrap insulation and carpeting into the wood spacer. Was about a 2 hour job.
Attached Thumbnails
maxfan1.jpg   maxfan2.jpg  

maxfan3.jpg   maxfan4.jpg  

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #2

New Jersey
Registry
I also took the rear rack off...since I have a truck and can carry in the bed, I figured I didnt need it anymore.... missed it today as a flat spot to rest stuff on....I think i need a folding table now lol. ...oh and ParkLiner is thinking of making and sending out to their customers a fiberglass spare tire cover! me want!
Attached Thumbnails
naked rearend.jpg  

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 04-13-2014, 02:02 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
I'd like to see a fiberglass cover too.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:08 AM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Those up-and-down power vents are pretty slick. I 'cheap'ed out and got the Turbo Maxx which stays up all the time (the fan is housed in a high cover), but I wish I had spent a little more for the fancier one... for looks and for a tad better aerodynamics.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #5

New Jersey
Registry
Mike, its how I was thinking too...I thought of just putting a hood over it, but I like the sleeker lines of the trailer and the hood over the vent just sticks out in my mind....if I had a rooftop ac I wouldnt have cared.

I also lucked out, I saw a good price on amazon and I got an offer sign up for an amazon visa and get a $50 gift card useable on this purchase made the price blow a bit easier lol.

I'm thinking of taking my old fantastic fan and turn it into a portable directional 12 volt fan for extra fan power since when i removed it I noticed 3 of the 4 corners of the exterior trim ring were cracked from them riveting it down too hard.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
You HAD a regular fantastic fan and removed it for the self contained model? Wanna part with the old one? How about some pics of the inside, did you have to trim the flange? New one looks great up there!
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:18 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Deryk
How many speeds does your new fan have? How do they compare as far as options, fan speeds and noise. I have thought about making the switch but I usually end up just buying a hood. It does look much better than the Fantastic Fan hood.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #8
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Looks good!!
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #9

New Jersey
Registry
Thanks! I really like the look and versatility of it... being able to run when its raining outside is a great thing because adequate ventilation is so important.

I believe its 10 speeds...I haven't really played with it other then verify it works. I do like the option of a settable thermostat so when camping it will kick on all by itself and start drawing the hot air out. I did think about just adding a hood but I came into a few chunks of heavy overtime this winter and decided to treat myself.

Jon, I'm keeping the original fantastic fan...sadly when it was mounted someone was a bit overzealous with the rivet gun and 3 of the 4 corners were cracked...I'm thinking of cannibalizing it and turning it into a 12 volt portable box fan....gonna pick up some poplar and frame it out and add a 10' power cord and socket so I can move it around as needed. It worked fine just I like the idea of the MaxxAir fans being able to be opened and used when it rains.... Jersey is pretty humid in the summer and if it rains and I can't run my generator I want to have air moving so I can sleep at night.

I'm still waiting to see how bills balance out if I can justify another $200 expenditure for a solar panel for the roof... we shall see lol.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:14 AM   #10

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Those up-and-down power vents are pretty slick. I 'cheap'ed out and got the Turbo Maxx which stays up all the time (the fan is housed in a high cover), but I wish I had spent a little more for the fancier one... for looks and for a tad better aerodynamics.

So this pops up to use and fold down otherwise? Slick. Mine sticks up all the time.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #11

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: deryk... Nice job!!! I put one in our former Boler and it was great. Only about 5" tall when down and worked in the rain.
Escape uses them as std. equipment and the one in our 5.0 I left open in a violent thunderstorm. Even with the rain going horizontal it never leaked.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
clamp ring in.jpg   MaxxFan Finished.jpg  

P1000046.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #12

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
How about a down position photograph?
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #13

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Sailor View Post
How about a down position photograph?
Hi: Night Sailor...It doesn't stay closed long enough!!! Can be locked open for travel too.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
earned my stripes.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #14

New Jersey
Registry
Honestly all the manuf should use them.... much better design then the fantastic fan imho

Old 04-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #15

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
That looks great Deryk!! Wish I had gone that route rather than the Fantastic Fan as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
That looks great Deryk!! Wish I had gone that route rather than the Fantastic Fan as well.
I thought you had an eye on a Maxx fan with the optional Escape attached.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #17

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I thought you had an eye on a Maxx fan with the optional Escape attached.
Oh I do! It seems like the easiest way to fix my lack of a Maxx Fan problem..... along with a few other trailer envy issues!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #18

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Deryk, thanks for posting the picture. I had ordered the maxx air and didn't notice until I saw your picture that Parkliner had installed the fantastic fan. Looks like I'll be heading back down since I can't get the A/C to work either.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #19

New Jersey
Registry
Yeah Huck i think it will make a difference the first time it rains and you cant open the vent. I wonder why more manuf arent using it as the standard...price ispretty close

Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #20

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Nice swap out deryk and way to go for sure.

As some of you know i had Chandler put in the MaxxFan 5100 (same model deryk installed) in our PL#35. He had not seen it before i mentioned it in our preliminary order-discussions and installed it at no extra cost at that time. I'm pretty sure he will install it at the factory if you request it. WAAAY beyond the Fantasitc Fan (we have the Maxx in both van and parkliner)

They make such a cute couple

Happy Trails,
Thom (& Cari)
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner