Adding a 12V Water Pump - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
We have a 12 volt pump thought that was standard?
Will be adding hot water at the sink soon; added a new hot water tank for the toilet shower combo so thought why not hot water at the sink.
How does your 12V work, do you have pix of what the water "faucet" or 'outlet" looks like for the water that is pumped out?

Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
What's standard varies from maker to maker and year to year. The OP's rig was a 1980 Scamp.

Our 2004 Scamp had pressurized cold water only, the 1994 BigFoot came with low pressure cold water only, our 1973 Hunter came only with a hand pump on the sink faucet. All three were updated to full pressure, hot & cold water systems.
Very True Bob, its interesting though, I have a 1964 canned ham which has a similar setup to my 1971 Campster which is similar to my 1980 scamp. I guess I figured that was just the way they did it "back then".

Cold city water inlet/faucet. And Rocket style hand pump for water from a storage tank.

Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
Name: felix
Trailer: 82 burro 13 "PookaBurro"
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I just connected the city water inlet and the demand pump outlet to a new high rise faucet with a T fitting. The city water regulator has a one way valve as does the demand pump. Do if I need water, I just open the faucet whether I am connected to city water or have filled the tank.

I did add a switch to prevent accidental operation underway. The high faucet is much more convenient for filling water vessels and rinsing my hands, dishes, etc. Plus I only have one faucet.

Like you, I started out wanting to keep it all original, but I came to realize that it is not a classic car, it is a recreational product and no one cares unless the modification looks like a hack job.
This is exactly what I'm goingto install...where did you find the faucet? Most I have found are supplied with two handles (hot/cold); I only want one.

Also, did you put backflow protection on the tank supply line?
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #18
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
I use IKEA single handle faucets on all of my update jobs. About $20, mounts with a single hole, and is easy to install.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote