Adding a shower enclosure? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #21

Name: Michael
Trailer: 17ft Bigfoot trailer
British Columbia
Thank you all for your insightful replies and ideas. This. A great forum for feedback. As suggested, I think the shower tent/pop up is the way to go. Sounds simple...I like simple

Michael
Bluebamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #22

Name: Michael
Trailer: 17ft Bigfoot trailer
British Columbia
Thanks for posting the links!
Bluebamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #23

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Edit: Reviews on Amazon say the dog tub is not that water tight. Could be problem in a trailer. Another alternative is a plastic pan made to go under water heaters:
I saw the amazon reviews but thought perhaps it was due to dogs with claws, so I decided to give it a try since it folds flat and is light weight. I was also considering the Home Depot mortar pan, but thought it looked a little to shallow, so I was considering the Tuff Stuff trough as an alternative if the dog tub doesn't work out. Its under $30 too.
Tuff Stuff Products Tuff Round Tub, 25 gal. - Tractor Supply Online Store
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
I saw the amazon reviews but thought perhaps it was due to dogs with claws, so I decided to give it a try since it folds flat and is light weight. I was also considering the Home Depot mortar pan, but thought it looked a little to shallow, so I was considering the Tuff Stuff trough as an alternative if the dog tub doesn't work out. Its under $30 too.
Tuff Stuff Products Tuff Round Tub, 25 gal. - Tractor Supply Online Store
Wow, that feed tub is super heavy duty. For my UHaul, my plan is to leave the tub in place semi-permanently acting as a drawer to hold miscellaneous stuff, so a rectangular or square tub is most space efficient.

My initial shower used dollar store curtains hung from a PVC water pipe frame. I attached a hula hoop to the bottom of the curtain. This was very effective in forcing the water into the base, so a high tub side was not necessary. I was using a doggie swimming pool which had a 6" side but could have been much lower.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #25

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Wow, that feed tub is super heavy duty.
My initial shower used dollar store curtains hung from a PVC water pipe frame. I attached a hula hoop to the bottom of the curtain. This was very effective in forcing the water into the base, so a high tub side was not necessary. I was using a doggie swimming pool which had a 6" side but could have been much lower.
It is heavy for sure. When considering it, I planned to keep it in the back of the pickup and store stuff in it, so I wasn't as concerned about weight. Its definitely too big to keep in the trailer all the time. I also thought about using a plastic storage bin, but in my past experience they eventually cracked when storing items in them in the trailer. Good to know that you didn't need very high sides. That was my concern. If the doggie tub doesn't work out, I think the concrete mixing tub is a great solution.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
It is heavy for sure. When considering it, I planned to keep it in the back of the pickup and store stuff in it, so I wasn't as concerned about weight. Its definitely too big to keep in the trailer all the time. I also thought about using a plastic storage bin, but in my past experience they eventually cracked when storing items in them in the trailer. Good to know that you didn't need very high sides. That was my concern. If the doggie tub doesn't work out, I think the concrete mixing tub is a great solution.
Ikea has some big containers, too, if you have one near you.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #27

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Portable showers inside trailers isn't anything new. Check out this great thread from Ken James back in 2005 for inspiration: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...wer-21606.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote