Adding curtains to windows that already have pleated shades? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #1

Name: Stephanie and Mark
Trailer: Trillium Sidekick 4500
Washington
Adding curtains to windows that already have pleated shades?

HI there,

I'm looking for a way to add a bit more color to the inside of our new Trillium Sidekick 1500 and was thinking some pretty Cotton Curtain panels would be just the ticket.

But I'm trying to figure out how to hang them up. Any suggestions? I have thought of doing the Command Adhesive Hooks to the underside of the overhead shelves but I'm not sure how I would get a light weight holding device cord, rod, dowel etc to keep the curtains in place.

The Walls have a soft fabric covered foam on the walls (like nice headliner) I don't want to use velcro on the walls.

Remember these are just decorative panels they are not for privacy, we have the pleated shades for privacy.

Thanks!!
Stephanie and Mark
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Sidekick Trillium 1500 with front dinette-1.jpg  
sbergeron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
What people who have blinds usually do is just install a header over the top of the blinds to add some colour.... btw cotton is probable not the best fabric to use in a trailer - it absorbs moisture and fades fast. You might want to consider an upholstery type material or an indoor outdoor material such as Sunbrella.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:07 PM   #3

Washington
Well that makes sense. I didn't even think of that- the possible fading and moisture issue. Unfortunately I don't care for the look of the headers--maybe it reminds me of the 80s--don't know...

I'll be at the NOG this weekend so I plan on looking at other folks trailers and getting lots of ideas of what to do with out new little RV!

Stephanie
Old 04-20-2015, 10:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
If you use the search function on this site - use the bottom search option (google) on the drop down menu and put in the search criteria of mounting curtains you should find a couple of threads on various ways to mount them. As you have over head shelves I would suggest that mounting the curtain hardware to them rather than through the trailer would be your best option.

A good way of avoid the fabric wicking up moisture from the windows is to line them with a light thermal liner that has a bit of vinyl coating on one side - the lining helps them keep some shape and it works well at blocking out the cold & light as well.

See you at NOG!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:24 PM   #5

Washington
GReat! I'll do the search for mounting options and thank you for the ideas about the curtains.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Tags
windows