adding foam pad & reenforcing bed in 13'scamp - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
adding foam pad & reenforcing bed in 13'scamp

I'm thinking of getting a foam pad (either 1 1/2", 2 1/2" or 4") to go on top of cushions furnished also is table really adaquate, one Scamp owner I talked to had re-enforced the bed with a 3/4" ply. slab. Also has anyone ever tried to extent the bed length-wise by adding a removable extension toward the front of the trailer...say 30". No I haven't even slept in it yet, just bought it new 2 weeks ago but as you might imagine we're a bit anxious to get started

Thanks Pete

yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Name: Steven
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin
Bed Support

We leave our bed up all the time so if you want to use it as a table this won't work. I built a drawer in a frame the full width of the bed and use that as a support for the bed . I use the drawer for clothes and the bed does not sag

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Buying foam can be a whole other research project and discussion, density, price, memory foam or not. For our Uhaul we bought a 4 or 5 inch thick piece from JC Penny's website, it was $75. That was last September. Foam can be cut to shape real easy with an electric kitchen knife. For some reason foam can be quite expensive. I think I have a list of places to buy foam if you need, but it was info I found online. Bob
mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
pete----a number of members have done a mod involving an extension of the bed. check posts by barrie bochoff, for one.
good luck.
theresa p is online now   Reply With Quote