Just sitting here wondering if anyone has attempted/succeeded at adding height to their older Scamp
. It seems, for the many very talented folks on this and other forums, that it would be quite doable, at least to my naive eye.
1) Remove the interior cabinets
2) Remove the belly band
3) Cut the belly seam
4) Lift the top half of the trailer
5) Fashion a fiberglass/wood spacer to fit the proper contours
6) Replace the top half of the trailer
7) Seal the new spacer with fiberglass
8) Replace the belly band (add a second one on new seam)
the center band a contrasting color to mask the new fiberglass
10) Re-build the necessary interior cabinets to match the new dimensions.
Just seems like this would be something someone could undertake while doing their major re-builds.
Any one know if it's been accomplished or tried? Have never run across any discussion of something like this. Not saying it's anything I would do, I don't have the talents. Strictly curiosity here.