adjustable table pedestals - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #1

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
adjustable table pedestals

I have been looking at different table leg options for the UHaul. The current pedestal just isn't convenient and I have seen some lovely but expensive gas-rise telescopic table pedestals listed on marine/yacht sides.

I would love to have a table that I could raise/lower easily without removing the leg and that would swivel to be more convenient. Have any of you found inexpensive options that work? Like using a marine swivel chair pedestal? I am thinking about this kind of thing:
Amazon.com: Springfield Marine 1611401-S Kingpin Power-Rise Pedestal: Sports & Outdoors

Sharon
Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Just pay attention to the rise. The one you're referrencing says "from 16 inch to 22-3/4 inch" You are looking for one that rises to table height... whatever that may be for you.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #3

Massachusetts
Registry
Yes, you are right. I need to figure this part out. Here is another better option but without the swivel feature. Amazon.com: Garelick Eez-In Adjustable Table (Pedestal Fluted): Sports & Outdoors
Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #4

Okay Sharon, at least this one is the right height. But are you going to be strong enough to lift the table and lock it in place by yourself? It appears you'd need to be under the table, maybe on hands and knees, push the table up with your back and tighten it down to lock it? There's a reason folks look for hydraulic pedestals...
Old 10-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
As soon as the word "Marine" appears the prices usually double.

Most of the gas one seem to be for seats and have a limited range, esp if you want to be able to lower the table enough to make it into a bed. Otherwise it has to be removed.

Reviews for the gas one shown weren't all that hot for life expectancy:
Spring-Lock™ Power Rise Pedestal : Cabela's

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
Yes, you are right. I need to figure this part out. Here is another better option but without the swivel feature. Amazon.com: Garelick Eez-In Adjustable Table (Pedestal Fluted): Sports & Outdoors
But the shipping weight is only 9 pounds. You could add a "lazy susan" topper to the underside of the table to get the swivel back. Note the inner tube projects 6 inches below the deck when all the way down, so your lower height will be around 20 1/2 inches. May be room inside for a spring to help raise the weight if your top is too heavy.

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #7

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
WARNING: DO NOT TRY THIS HOME, or anyplace else on this planet for that matter.....

An Engineers Answer to Raising the Table
(Printed elsewhere, long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away)

Using the two tubes, be sure that they fit tightly together, are closed off at the top and bottom and provide some sort of a stop for the upper position.

1. Connect an LP line or gas bottle fitting to the bottom of the larger cylinder
2. Install a Push Button BBQ lighter in the same area.
3. Turn on LP gas for 3 seconds, then turn off
4. Press button for BBQ lighter, table will immediately rise to upper stop
5. Lock tube in upper position

DO NOT reverse procedure to lower table.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #8

How about one from Walmart: Springfield Three Stage Black Pedestal - Walmart.com
Old 10-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #9

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19 January 8, 2014
Arizona
We are having the silver Springfield 1660230 (Walmart has the black one) installed in our Escape 19 in January when we pick it up. I have the pedestal now and it operates smoothly, and the top section rotates when not locked for height. Bought it here: Springfield 3 Stage table Pedestal #SPR-1660230

It goes from bed to table height with nothing under the base - no tube below the floor. Lowering it without the weight of a table on top takes some effort for - hard for my wife, not bad for me - should improve with the table top weight.

The Escape factory has seen one that did not work properly (new defective - would not raise/lower) and thinks it will work fine. Be sure you check it works OK when you get it.

NOTE: You cannot remove the table top without unscrewing it from the pedestal (or unscrewing the pedestal from the floor) - possibly making access to storage or under table items more difficult.

Doug
dsmucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #10

Massachusetts
Registry
Thank you all for your comments. I have been looking hard at the Springfield model. I think it would make life a lot easier. Doug, I may still be pondering it when you have yours in hand. So post pictures when you have them. If I actually get off my duff and do something I will post mine.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #11

Massachusetts
Registry
Doug, I wonder if you could have the screws set into the floor and then position the table on top so that the holes line up with the crews? It would keep the table from shifting, but should also let you take it outside on nice days. I have no idea if it would work, but it has been perculating in the back of my brain.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #12

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19 January 8, 2014
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon D View Post
Doug, I wonder if you could have the screws set into the floor and then position the table on top so that the holes line up with the crews? It would keep the table from shifting, but should also let you take it outside on nice days. I have no idea if it would work, but it has been perculating in the back of my brain.
I wouldn't do that.
1) The table would not be secured against tipping
2) The pedestal + the table top would be a bit heavy to tote around
3) The table would not be very stable outside - with only a 12" base

If you want to do that I would secure the table with 4 bolts, nuts on top, and remove them to remove the table. (But I won't.)

We have a small metal slat folding table for outside use. And 2 small plastic folding side tables.

Doug
dsmucker is offline   Reply With Quote