advice please: painting "woodgrain" in Surfside - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
Name: Daniel
Trailer: Surfside
advice please: painting "woodgrain" in Surfside

I just bought a Surfside with the interior all original. Really hate the fake woodgrain on everything. I would like to hear from anyone who has painted the "woodgrain." I am not sure if the surfaces are covered with a plastic decal-like mactac or if it is something else. If it is mactac, should I remove it before painting?
I have no idea why this photo is upside down--sorry. But you get the idea!
Attached Thumbnails
surfside interior.jpg  

daniel in winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #2
Name: Steve
Trailer: Surfside
painting the fake wood grain

Hi, I too own a surfside with the awful fake wood grab cabinets, we painted them white, using just a normal primer and white interior latex paint over top. it made the whole interior bright and clean looking.
they turned out great. we also painted the doors with turquoise blue.dont worry about anything just sand a bit, prime and paint! Good Luck!
SteveHoy is offline   Reply With Quote

paint, painting, surfside

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off