Air Conditioning a 13 ft Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #21

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b
Mark Z, a member here, did a top-notch closet install of a small AC unit - you might be able to find a thread about it.
Thanks Jen. Take a look under bolerific in youtube. The AC does work well but one does need a ceiling fan to circulate the air for peak performance. I would not otherwise change a thing.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #22

Name: Don
Trailer: 13ft Scamp sold looking now for something larger
Texas
Getting More Done

Got the AC mounted and working, it is plenty for the Scamp for sure. The wife had curtains made to fit, looking pretty good now. There is more front to rear springing than I want, a 1 by 4 piece of Oak about 6 feet long, curved to fit on on the inside, will stiffen it up and serve as a night stand shelf as well.
Had a carpet cleaning company come and steam clean the rat fur, carpets, and seating. Looks like new now.
[IMG][/IMG]
DonFromTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #23

Name: dave
Trailer: castia 16ft
Kansas
I have the 16ft casita and PO put the unit in the rear center window. He used aluminum plate to make it fit in center of opening. It cools our trailer down real cold sitting at lake here in KS. Temp outside 96 degrees inside whatever wife wants. To cold for me. LOL. Tows just fine at 65 MPH no sway or bounce.
dave in kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #24

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'd be afraid that unit will tear that window out going down the highway, plexiglass, particularly older stuff becomes brittle as it ages. Hopefully i won't see it on the highway. The installs in the walls seem to be more secure than in a plastic window. I've driven on highways where you get that up and down roads where everything inside has been rearranged. That type of stress at 50-60 mph may loosen that whole assembly in the rear where it is more pronounced than in the front of the trailer.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp