Allure flooring. Install <65 degrees F? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #29

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
At the door, the trim piece (the metal one that wraps underneath) ended up being flush with the top of the floor so I could butt the floor right up to it and it looks like it was intended to be there.
Great idea Tonia!
When I installed a glue down commerical vinyl strip in the boler American the metal trim piece didn't like the extra thickness so it rotated outwards and pulled the last strip with it, creating a gap. I've been trying to figure out how the spread the metal evenly, now I don't have to. It's going to be an easy fix now!

For anybody planning on laying a vinyl strip floor that overlaps with self glued edges like Allure. It is very helpful to make strips from the waxed paper that separates the strips in packing and set them into the pre glued edges while you cut and test fit each piece. Not only does it make things easier to handle it keeps stuff from sticking to the adhesive. You quickly learn how to pull the wax paper out while sticking the strips together.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #30

Name: Willis
Trailer: Beachcomber B15
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Registry
I put my allure in yesterday, started the job at 1 pm. The first couple pieces were the tricky ones, after that, It went down really quickly. The job was complete at 4:30, Exactly 3.5 hours and 4 beer (it was warm out) It took two and a half boxes to complete the job.
Attached Thumbnails
image (1).jpg   image (2).jpg  

photo.jpg  

Old 06-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #31

Name: Tonia
Trailer: Scamp 13' (1982)
Wisconsin
I bought 1/4 round trim for my flooring and decided not to use it. I used brown caulk instead.

First, the edge I butted up to the door piece I mentioned above now has a small gap. So I put a small bead there.

My screen door (home made by the po) would not allow for trim just left and right of the exterior door.

I left the carpet in the area between the front bunk seats. So there was a gap there that won't allow trim due to the door at the space.

The brown color seemed to match the flooring well and looks discreet so far so I'm holding off to see how it dries and will decide if I'll use any of the trim.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #32

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Send a message via Skype™ to Night Sailor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
I bought 1/4 round trim for my flooring and decided not to use it. I used brown caulk instead.

First, the edge I butted up to the door piece I mentioned above now has a small gap. So I put a small bead there.

My screen door (home made by the po) would not allow for trim just left and right of the exterior door.

I left the carpet in the area between the front bunk seats. So there was a gap there that won't allow trim due to the door at the space.

The brown color seemed to match the flooring well and looks discreet so far so I'm holding off to see how it dries and will decide if I'll use any of the trim.
Pictures?