OK, My Amerigo
arrived this week. The exterior damage was not as bad as we thought but the windows
have all been sealed shut and they painted it with latex paint
I hesitate to show you these photos but ... here goes. I'm attaching a link to a bunch of photos I'll update as I go through the process. www.PictureTrail.com/gid20465869
- Frame, suspension and axle
- Original door & windows
are intact (although some are covered up on the inside)
- Some original cabinets remain
- Exterior damage wasn't as bad as we thought. The fiberglass repair will be easier as all the pieces are still there.
- Original Cushions are still there
Bad news ...
- This will be an almost entire interior gut and redo
- Exterior has been painted with latex paint
so it's going to have to be stripped before we can repaint
- Wiring seems to be new although it was poorly placed and the boxes are exterior mounted to the cabinets in many places
- They replaced some of the original cabinets with poorly constructed homemade cabinets.
- Stove and refrigerator
- Sink was moved to different location and will be returned to its rightful home
- Walled placed over rear back and side window
- All windows
caulked shut ... Uggg!
So, wish me luck... we start ripping out the interior tomorrow.