Another boler frame off... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #15

Trailer: 1977 Boler
Still plugging away and have made lots of progress over the spring but unfortunately never made the Fort with the trailer.
I installed a stainless steel countertop with a Smev sink/cook top combo, new engineered flooring, repainted the benches, closet etc, retaped the seams, installed a power converter, 110 GFI outlet inside and one outside by the door.
I decided not to use a range hood and instead mounted 3 flush pot lights under the cabinet along with a 12 volt rv unit from Princess Auto plus 2 more either side of the closet. Rewired the running lights and 110/12 volt circuits. Installed a new faucet assy, plumbed for water and gas so the kitchen is now up and running. Modified the cooktop for electronic lighter thanks to previous posts on this forum.
I just have some interior trimming to complete and a 12 volt water pump to work out/install before the end of the month. I ordered a Shademaker awning this morning and need to make a upper bunk to complete the inside. Hope to clean up the outside and paint early July.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_sink_1.JPG   Boler_lights1.JPG  

Old 06-14-2009, 07:36 PM   #16

A couple more interior pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_interior2.JPG   Boler_interior_small_JPG..JPG  

Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 PM   #17

Name: Don
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17'
Ontario
Very nice reno Robert. Looks real good. Just curious if you had trouble with the handle on the tongue jack interferring with the battery box? Look pretty close together to me.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Very nice reno Robert. Looks real good. Just curious if you had trouble with the handle on the tongue jack interferring with the battery box? Look pretty close together to me.
No problem what so ever with clearance.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #19

Ontario
Really like the cook top Roger. Found one on ebay from Aery Corp, Model # Mo911 for $135. U.S. Is this the one you used and which igniter did you add to it? You buy it from there or is there a supplier in Canada? Presume any faucet will work. My Boler had a larger stove with oven installed in it but I am thinking I would like this unit and put a micro wave in where the oven sat.
Thanks..Don
Old 06-16-2009, 10:59 PM   #20

Quote:
Really like the cook top Roger. Found one on ebay from Aery Corp, Model # Mo911 for $135. U.S. Is this the one you used and which igniter did you add to it? You buy it from there or is there a supplier in Canada? Presume any faucet will work. My Boler had a larger stove with oven installed in it but I am thinking I would like this unit and put a micro wave in where the oven sat.
Thanks..Don
I bought it on eBay from the Aery corp but it was an auction he occasionaly has for $81.00. I think the one for $135 has the igniter installed. Very slow to ship and no communication from seller so be prepared for this if you buy. Really nice unit and gives me a foot of extra counterspace at the table end plus space between the unit and back splash. The ignitor is from Walmart, $15.00 , and installed it fairly easily. Faucet was on sale last week at Canadian Tire. The only challenge was the stainless countertop as it is tough to drill and cut.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #21

Ontario
Thanks Roger. I will keep an eye on his auctions. I can see where it will free up a lot of counter space. More than likely a job for later in the year along with a new counter top. No problems hooking up the water or propane to the unit?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Thanks Roger. I will keep an eye on his auctions. I can see where it will free up a lot of counter space. More than likely a job for later in the year along with a new counter top. No problems hooking up the water or propane to the unit?
I modified the regulator location by moving it to the back. The drain was fairly straight forward and I used a piece of 5/8 diswasher tubing. It did not come with a drain assy but they are available at an RV parts dealer plus Home Depot has the abs fittings.

Tags
boler