Another view of LED/1156 lighting comparison - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler and 17 ft Boler

Here is a wider view of the lighting effect inside a Boler with Superbright LED's, 1156 Filament bulbs and 13 diode Cannibal Fish LED's
kevin61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Kevin,
Thanks for taking the time to put that demo. together.
It was very helpful.

Bill K

Quote:

Here is a wider view of the lighting effect inside a Boler with Superbright LED's, 1156 Filament bulbs and 13 diode Cannibal Fish LED's
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Kevin
Those supergrights sure seem the way to go.... they are the warm white and not the cool white am i correct?______
The cool white bluish tint ones i got are just too ghostly for me
that was a great demo.........thanx,
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
I'm going to chime in here to represent the other side.
We have the "cool white" bluish LED's and we love them. Personally, we don't like the harshness of the yellow house type lights and the bluish light seems easier on the eyes to us. Looks neater from the outside as well when they're on.
We have four reading bullets with 9 light LED's in each corner and the light is excellent for reading. The cold cathode tubes over the dinette are excellent replacements for the flourescents that were there.

Guess it is just a personal preference whether you want the same type of lighting an automotive bulb gives off or something different. After living with them for quite some time now, our preference is for the what I guess they call the "cool white" LED's.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
I'm with Greg on both counts, I prefer the bluer tint lights and it's personal preference.

I read a fair amount in the evening, and the cooler temp lights almost always put out considerably more light (ref. the specs of the superbrightleds web site) and I find it easier on my eyes the brighter the light and the brighter the contrast of the type on the page. I've been slowly retrofitting the bulbs in the house with halogen and the "daylight" flourescents in the shop.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #6

Steve and Greg......
My wife is on your side and always wants to read by the bluish cool white LED's, we also have the same thing on the outside light by the door and likes that too. Sure nice to have different opinions because if we didn't things would get awfully boring
Joe
Old 01-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #7

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Quote:
Steve and Greg......
My wife is on your side and always wants to read by the bluish cool white LED's, we also have the same thing on the outside light by the door and likes that too. Sure nice to have different opinions because if we didn't things would get awfully boring
Joe

Hey Joe,

Differing opinions make the world go round, but it can make the world go backwards when your spouse is on the other side of the fence on the lights..... Hope you can find a resolution that will suit both of you. Maybe when you get back out here to AZ you will see the light in a more bluish cast..

Hope to see you soon.

Greg.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Hey Joe,

Differing opinions make the world go round, but it can make the world go backwards when your spouse is on the other side of the fence on the lights..... Hope you can find a resolution that will suit both of you. Maybe when you get back out here to AZ you will see the light in a more bluish cast..

Hope to see you soon.

Greg.
The blue lights with my wife and myself is a minor minor inconvenience after 33 years of Marriage.... don't tell anybody but i can partially take them LOL
Hopefully Closing on the house tomorrow morning Jan 5 (all paperworks done)...... booked a flight for Jan 18.... got your address and phone number in my wallet even though i can easily walk to your house. my son will be there tomorrow with a newer jeep grand cherokee (dark blue i believe) stop and say hi if you see him his name is also Joe and i told him about you..... I look forward to meeting you.( that's a funny smiley you put in)
Sorry for the Partial hijack on this thread..... Now Back to our regularly scheduled program
Joe
Old 04-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #9

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I just converted my '94 Casita over to the warm white, Superbrite LEDs. 4 internal lights plus one for the range hood and one on the outside light. In addition on the 4 internal lights I replaced the "frosted" lens with the clear "Euro" lens from Bargman which increases the light intensity a bit and makes the spectrum a bit less yellow. So far we like the results quite well.
The overall cost for the 6 LED boards and 4 lenses plus shipping came to about $150. Yeah, that's a bit pricey for replacing 6 bulbs, but not in the context of the overall cost of owning and maintaining the egg. It should extend our dry camping capabilitiy which will be well worth the cost.
Walt

Tags
led lights, lighting