Anybody have the Colby 15" under cabinet T.V.? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All.. Here's a pic or two of our 19" Toshiba flat screen with wall mount. The TV travels locked to the wall via a sliding gate type lock. Travelled 1000's of miles and still works great. Has a built in DVD which we use most of the time to watch movies. We now have a DVD of a roaring fire complete with sound FX to warm our feet by!!! LoL
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
ready to tow.jpg   against the wall.jpg  

wall flower.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #22

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Thanks Alf! Do you know if yours will plays CDs?
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #23

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Alf Thats funny.

It was so warm here for XMas that we didn't have a fire this year so I put one on my iPad complete with streaming holiday music.
It was a Hit!
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
Thanks Alf! Do you know if yours will plays CDs?
Hi: iplumb...Yes Model# 19LV505C I just tried a CD in the TV and it does play them. Funny it seems to do everything except serve drinks!!! Here's a pic of the slide lock that keeps it secured while we're towing.
We use it on the bookshelf in the den when the trailer is in storage.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
gatelock open.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #25

Name: Don
Trailer: 17.5 Bigfoot
Ontario
Quote:
How big is that? Looks huge.
Here's some photo's of that under cabinet mount that Carol H first posted about and one I now have.

Mount in extended form.

Width.

Mount in shortest extension with quick release base off.
Don Dunsmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #26

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
Thanks! Looks great! Post some installed pictures when you get it done.
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #27

Ontario
Quote:
Thanks! Looks great! Post some installed pictures when you get it done.
Will do. First have to find the new LED TV, 16" or 19" with a head phone jack. May give up on the 12 volt idea and go with an AC TV and inverter as Ed suggested.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #28

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dunsmore View Post
Will do. First have to find the new LED TV, 16" or 19" with a head phone jack. May give up on the 12 volt idea and go with an AC TV and inverter as Ed suggested.
If you shop for a new HD LED LCD TV () and ever run off of batteries compare the specifications. I've been shopping and have found that between two brands (19") one will draw 40w and the other 20w. It is the nicer and pricier one that is more energy efficient rather than a cheap TV with a duller, lower watt picture. (as I would have guessed).

I'd be interested to hear what you end up with.
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #29

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
If you shop for a new HD LED LCD TV () and ever run off of batteries compare the specifications. I've been shopping and have found that between two brands (19") one will draw 40w and the other 20w. It is the nicer and pricier one that is more energy efficient rather than a cheap TV with a duller, lower watt picture. (as I would have guessed).

I'd be interested to hear what you end up with.
Interesting. I'd like to hear about which TVs you have looked at and do you have a preference?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #30

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Dunsmore View Post
Interesting. I'd like to hear about which TVs you have looked at and do you have a preference?
Here are a couple of links to my local retailers. I find that many retailers use the same format in their websites and if you use the compare feature you can easily see the differences. Energy consumption is near the bottom. It looks like I was incorrect with the cheaper TVs being higher watts, on further looking it appears rather random. Probably a good idea to double check the specs on the brand website (if they're listed).

Compare Results - Best Buy Canada

Compare Results - Future Shop

As far as preference goes I rely heavily on reviews and specs. I'm leaning towards LG. I'm fully digital so I need a TV that will play MKV, MP4 and AVI files directly. I have a wallet sized hard drive and can store over a hundred quality movies plus most of my music collection. Way more efficient than carying DVDs and CDs. Not to mention not needing a player of any sort. Once I get an e-reader my storage needs will be even less.

This is all also very handy when you have the "boler" of condominiums.
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #31

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBirder View Post
As far as preference goes I rely heavily on reviews and specs. I'm leaning towards LG. I'm fully digital so I need a TV that will play MKV, MP4 and AVI files directly. I have a wallet sized hard drive and can store over a hundred quality movies plus most of my music collection. Way more efficient than carying DVDs and CDs. Not to mention not needing a player of any sort. Once I get an e-reader my storage needs will be even less.

This is all also very handy when you have the "boler" of condominiums.
Is this the LG you are interested in? HDTV | LG 19LE5300, Full HD 1080P, LED LCD TV | LG Electronics Canada

It seems one can play movies through the USB port on this model? High list price!

I was looking at this AC/DC Majestic that takes a Flash Drive and probably does what you want. $300US Majestic 15.6 LED TV 12V w/USB - ATSC Version f/USA

I really want a TV that has a head phone jack and both these models have one. They're becoming scarce on the smaller TVs.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #32

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I just ordered several more of these as I see they are down to $100.00 now

Viore 13" LCD HDTV, 720p - Walmart.com

I have several of these and have installed several more and they are an almost ideal TV for our tiny trailers as long as 13" will be enough for you?
They have a Digital HDMI input,VGA,Component Video and Don.......a Headphone Jack!
It runs on 12vdc and comes with the cord to do so.

This is not the best TV around by any means but for the price is a good deal.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #33

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
I just ordered several more of these as I see they are down to $100.00 now

Viore 13" LCD HDTV, 720p - Walmart.com

I have several of these and have installed several more and they are an almost ideal TV for our tiny trailers as long as 13" will be enough for you?
They have a Digital HDMI input,VGA,Component Video and Don.......a Headphone Jack!
It runs on 12vdc and comes with the cord to do so.

This is not the best TV around by any means but for the price is a good deal.
Thanks for that Ed. I have a 13" Sharp now I'd like to upgrade from....to maybe a 19" at the largest....and would like LED. You probably read the post above about the 2 sets I listed....and yes, I know they're pricey. Any thoughts there?

And what about the Philips Philips 19" LED HDTV (19PFL4505) : 19" & Below LED TVs - Future Shop as it seems to have what I want. Need an inverter though and DVD player.....cost goes up.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #34

Name: Alan
Trailer: Currently Shopping
New York
Just found a site that included the other top under cabinet TV models (Top 10 Under Cabinet TV Reviews & Ratings 2013) as alternative choices.
alandem is offline   Reply With Quote