Anybody Here Use a Mr Heater Portable Buddy? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #15
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
but burning propane creates C02 (carbon dioxide) is there not a fear that these running inside the trailer will cause oxygen levels to drop to some dangerous levels?....affixia comes to mind
Burning LP is very efficient and produces very little in the way of CO or CO2 in the unvented heaters designed for catalytic or ODS use -- However, they must have some ventilation; even the Coleman Black Cat (3KBtu) requires something like ten square inches of ventilation -- I usually crack my door and kitchen windows each a bit to provide some cross-ventilation when I use my 6KBtu Empire ODS heater; I also leave a roof vent partially open to exhaust the hottest, most vapor-laden air.

That's because burning LP DOES produce H2O as water vapor at the rate of one ounce of water per 1,000 Btu per hour, so the condensation must be dealt with over the long haul.

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:04 PM   #16
Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft
I bought the smaller model last week after learning about it on this forum. We just bought an 84 Uhaul and could not wait to take it out. We went to one of the most beautiful places in NM last weekend (the San Mateo Mtns) and a cold front came in, must have been in the teens. We were grateful for the Heater Buddy. We cracked a window and the vent and ran it until bedtime. We were toasty and the happiest campers around. I really like the design of this heater, it is really sturdy and stable and I like the safety features (low Oxygen and tip). We are seriously considering pulling out the Uhaul furnace (and storing)-we could use some extra storage space and don't expect that we will be hooked up to electricity much.

cvesbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #17
Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Sorry, I gave the wrong rating for Mr Heater Portable Buddy. The high setting is 9000 btu and the low is 4000, at least that's what is printed on the back. I used mine today in the garage with the 12' hose and 4 gal DOT tank. Very satisfactory!
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:17 PM   #18
Trailer: 1970 Boler
u can sell the furnace to me!! I need one for my Boler!!

- Kurt

Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote