Anyone ever added a toilet? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #15
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Okay, I can't figure this out. What's the big deal about dumping a black tank, really?

Are you not using chemicals or enough water? I've had a water flushy in an all molded towable for 12 years. I don't know why folks consider it such a big deal.

Have you ever changed a baby's blow-out dirty diaper? At least I can wear gloves dumping a blackwater tank and walk away from the smell! Which is very minor due to the chemicals.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #16
Name: Cathy
Trailer: In the Market
I changed many diapers. My older son for 2 years and my son with DS and food sensitives for 6 years so I have seen the worse of that.

Probably the worse is why others drive away with dripping from the black water area after emptying their tank or stick the sewer hose over the fresh water nozzle just before leaving a site. Always wipe down a fresh water spigot and run a little water before hooking up your fresh water hose.

There will never be any agreement about the black water tank, to me, they are gross. If you use chemicals, they smell even worse than without. They drip when people drive away after emptying and take a lot of water to really rinse them clean. What puzzles me most is the people who say there is no odor involved as for every kind of toilet made, I have heard that they smell from some and others say they never have a smell.

I think composting toilets are great and the wave of the future!

Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:18 PM   #17
Name: John
Trailer: Boler
Deep South
I am adding a bathroom to our 13' Boler, and it will still sleep at least 4 when I am done with is the link to my mods:

Our 1971 13' Boler mods
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 07:19 AM   #18
Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp
I am not "adding" to my 16' Scamp, but for all practical purposes it is new for a front bath in the center of the space since I could get the new shower pan, toilet and black tank.

I am planning on using the "wasted space" on the driver's side for outside access (adding a door) on the power part for a macerator to pump the 8 gallon black tank either to the dump or to the gray (now black) tank in the rear or to empty either or both. The smaller diameter discharge hose will live here as well.
The upper part of the "wasted space" will be a storage cabinet for towels or whatever.
This space is about 37" X 24" at the bottom and of course the front wall curves out a little for more space.
The cross brace was moved to the rear a little during frame repair to enable this mod. It was also reinforced with two 3 X 1 1/2" square steel tubes from frame rail to frame rail extending to the bottom of the door.

redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #19
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Those composting toilets seem pretty neat but at $950 I figure I can dump the tank on a $125 porta pottie a whole lot of times for the $825 difference.

If your model came with an optional flushy where you have a closet I would figure the tank and toilet that would normally be installed there might be the best option. Running a water line should not be a big deal. Vent stack might be more of a hassle. Ask someone that has one to post some pictures and model numbers. Then you can scope out the cost.

RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote