Anyone find a source for cool graphics? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #15
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I worked for a large well known truck leasing company, so most of our customers wanted lettering and graphics on the trucks. We used a few different small companies, some were just one man operations, to make and install the decals. Some were better than others. A few years ago I wanted a couple decals of the original logo that was on our '46 teardrop. I went through three different places before one of them finally did it for me. A guy in his 40's, just down the road from our shop, who we called "the Hippie decal guy", did them for me in just a few days and at a good price. Two others promised and never delivered. Some places just want the big jobs at big dollars. Bob [the old hippie]

mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:38 PM   #16
Name: Dave
Trailer: Seeking Bigfoot 25 RB
British Columbia
I suspect you could put a pic of an older classic car on your trailer (I believe the one in your graphic is either a La Salle or a Terraplane) - esp if you "tweak it a bit" and something about Mich - so long as you do not, in any way shape or form, imply that it is even remotely related to U-Haul or bear too much of a resemblance to the Michigan U-haul graphic

Maybe just a pic of an old classic and "Detroit, Michigan - The heart of the US auto" or something like that.

Just don't expect any company to invest in an image and a logo and then allow free use of it without if being under their exclusive control!

BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 AM   #17
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Oddly, the guy at the UHaul SuperGraphics Facebook site said someone from UHaul would contact me, then nothing. I can take a "no" answer, but I hate being ignored.

So, I may have to create my own graphic.

It is not without irony that when I was trying to chase down VT brake drums, the guy at UHaul parts also refused to answer a very clear follow up question after he gave me bad information. I guess they made some great campers 25 years ago, but I can't say much for the organization right now.
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #18
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
So, I may have to create my own graphic.
That sounds like a good plan. Personally, I'd rather be one-of-one, rather than one-of-many. This is an opportunity to create something uniquely your own!

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote