Anyone using ClimateRight AC? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-23-2015, 08:49 PM   #43

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I installed the 5,000 btu in my 13' trailer in July and I'm glad I got the bigger size. It cools well, easily kept the inside temp at 74f while outside was 95f. I think the smaller one would have to labor real hard to keep the temps. down.
The remote does not work from inside the trailer so I got the thermostat that is wired to the in-flow port of the Climate Right.

That night the temps. dropped to 42f. and the heater worked but the thermostat cannot be set lower than 61f, which was too warm for us for sleep. We turned it off and stayed warm enough until time to rise in the morning when the heater was welcome warmth.

Old 11-29-2015, 03:42 PM   #44

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
If someone is thinking about buying the 2500btu unit, I received an email from ClimateRight that it will be on sale tomorrow only, for $399. That's $100 off the regular price.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #45

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1978 13' Scamp
California
Just wanted to let everyone know that I recently purchased the Climate Rite 5000 btu unit. Upon delivery the unit seemed to be packed well and made well. The instructions for installing it were thorough and the videos helped a lot. We made a platform for the unit on the front tow bar, routed two holes into the fiberglass of our 13' Scamp, and pulled the in/out tubes under the bench seat in the middle.

When it was cold last month, the heat worked very well. But now that we are having 80 degree weather here, I'm having issues with the cooling portion...namely the thermostat is fluctuating way too fast and turning the condenser on and off. I think that it is a mechanical error, and I am currently working with the company to fix the problem, either on my end or theirs. I will update you all on my experience with their customer service!

I do want to confirm that it is true that my remote cannot operate the unit from inside the camper.

Updates later!
Old 06-22-2016, 06:50 PM   #46

Name: Courtney
Trailer: 1982 13ft Scamp purchased on May 2nd
Georgia
I'm looking at the climateright 5000 as well. Any feedback?

We have an old model that is not reinforced for a roof unit, and we're not interested at all in a window unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-23-2016, 08:18 AM   #47

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Anyone using ClimateRight AC?

Like Mike-N-Laurie and Norm & Ginny, we just started using a 5000 BTU window unit. Like Mike-N-Laurie, ours is mounted in the back window of our Scamp13. We would not travel with the unit in the window; it is just temporary for those rare occasions when we are in high heat and humidity and really need AC.

I knew that I did not want a permanent roof-mounted AC and I also did not want to cut holes in the Scamp shell to run duct work.

Once the rear slider window glass is opened, you can also slide the screen over too and you then have an opening that is just over 16" in width. A Frigidaire 5000 BTU unit fits just fine and I imagine that other brands would too.

Although the insulating pipe foam might make a nicer looking installation, you can also use various sized "pool noodles" that would be available at WalMart and various pool supply stores.

I knew that I did not want to damage that window track so, thus far, I have used a combination of various sized pool noodles (cut to length and slit open along their length) to cushion the load and fill in the larger gaps as well as some other soft foam to fill the smaller gaps. I also use a quarter-inch plywood "platform board" (under the AC) that rests on the bottom pool noodle and it is also supported by a length of PVC pipe running clear down to the rear bumper of the Scamp. The PVC pipe is currently attached to the wooden platform board and to the Scamp bumper via zip ties.

I may try to improve on the current setup over time but, for now, it seems to be doing the job. Time will tell ....... 😉

BTW - Yesterday, in parts of the KC metro, temperatures were over 100 degrees with some humidity.

Good luck to all!
Stay safe out there and try to stay cool too! 😊

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-23-2016, 01:59 PM   #48

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
Ontario
Registry
small looks interesting
Old 06-23-2016, 08:27 PM   #49

Name: Steve Robison
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougOlson View Post
I don't have one but if I did I would look at making a temporary panel to fit in a wndow for the vent hoses, similar to other in house portable AC units. My brother-in-law had one for a teardrop trailer and it had a couple PVC pipes from below on the side of the trailer that connected to the interior.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
I'm also thinking of running an outside AC with the hose coming in through a window. We juggled with different ideas and just about all of them required cutting a big ugly vent in the side of the camper. Right now the cheapest option is running a window AC with the cold air coming through a dryer vent in the small door window.

Or a more permanent mount would be to install it under a dinette bench with the hot air ducted out the floor. But with that you lose allot of storage space as well.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:26 AM   #50

Georgia
I don't have a sliding window in the back (have an '82 Scamp), hence the climateright. It's in a box in my foyer right now. Checking out different ways to install. Really like the clean set up in the pics with the tear drop posted earlier in this thread.

Where do you think is the optimal location for the input and output vents?

Old 06-30-2016, 11:45 AM   #51

Georgia
AND unit arrive damaged. Not a happy camper.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1467305126.209896.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	96910Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1467305139.576332.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	96911

Old 01-17-2017, 01:35 PM   #52

Name: Billy Sharpstick
Trailer: Burro - '99 wide body 14
Florida
Registry
Air should be recirculated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetang99 View Post
. . .Right now the cheapest option is running a window AC with the cold air coming through a dryer vent in the small door window.
Or a more permanent mount would be to install it under a dinette bench with the hot air ducted out the floor. But with that you lose allot of storage space as well.
An AC will be more efficient if you recycle the room air back to the unit to be recooled. otherwise, you are throwing away (for example) cool 75 degree air and sucking in more 95 degree air. Typical ACs have a differential of 12 to 18 degrees, so eventually cool a space by incrementally dropping the temp in stages. Otherwise, you are just blowing in more 80 degree air.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:38 PM   #53

Name: Billy Sharpstick
Trailer: Burro - '99 wide body 14
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E View Post
. . .
The remote does not work from inside the trailer so I got the thermostat that is wired to the in-flow port of the Climate Right.
Climateright does sell an optional wired thermostat control for $40. Or you can just buy a "remote control extender" from $4 to $20.