Aquatic issues - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: Currently shopping
Colorado
Aquatic issues

Dumb question - I have a Scamp 13 that has a gray water tank and sink but has had the fresh water storage tank removed - previous owner said it was besmirched with unhealthy organisms and took it out. My question is, can I hook up a freshwater hose through the inlet on the side of the camper above the sink and use it? I'm guessing that the pump-valve from the fresh water tank would prevent backflow into the tank (or in this case, through the cut-off tube and onto the deck) so I'd be OK, but I want to double check. Any advice much appreciated! Diggerdog
Diggerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #2

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
I would connect, turn it on and watch for a leak in the area under the seat where the tank used to be. And regardless, for redundancy, look for the old connections and cap them off, if the PO had not done it himself. The check valve and pump may not be absolutely reliable. My fresh water tank was once filling up from the city water, but only once. Maybe some debris was in the system causing the backflow.

Why would the PO not have simply cleaned and chlorinated the tank - that is a question.
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:41 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggerdog View Post
Dumb question - I have a Scamp 13 that has a gray water tank and sink but has had the fresh water storage tank removed - previous owner said it was besmirched with unhealthy organisms and took it out.

Welcome to FGRV George. Wow, the PO sure sounds like they had a fear of water tanks and no clue of cleaning them. I would put a FW tank back in....just cuz as it gives you two ways to have water. BTW, your post tile made me first think you were trying to float your egg .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote