Cindy, that sounds like a good company. Last fall
I ordered a new Yamaha 200 watt inverter generator
from a company off of eBay, wish I remembered their name, but they had an even better price than advertised on eBay after calling them. I ordered one, and when it arrived, it was damaged badly in shipping. I called them about it, and they immediately shipped me another one, so for a moment, I had two of them as well. They dealt with ups themselves. I will have to look up their company name, because they were great!
Here are some pictures which I sent American RV. Not sure the order I am going to post them, but one will show the internal components. That picture, you can see the copper heat exchanger, the one with the copper tubes coiling around it. It is smashed in the area where the burner contacted it. It had to move about a half inch just to contact the heat exchanger. Also, what you can't see from the picture, is what looks like the igniter and it appears that it may have been bent. There are also several gas tubes and water lines that would have been impacted as well. That concerned me, even though I was told everything was ok with the unit, just from looking at my pictures.
I don't think I would want to have to worry about the longevity and safety of this unit had I gone ahead and installed it. I would constantly wondered if or when something bad would happen.
Another picture shows the scratches, some are deep, as well as a sharp dent that is about the size of a quarter, and about a quarter inch deep. The box this unit was packaged in was nearly flawless. In no way could the scratches or dent happened while inside this box.
Another picture shows the inlet and outlet tubes, one of which is bent downward. Atwoods email to American rv said this happened during shipping, no way, as that part is protected well in the box, and would surely have damaged the box in that area.
Another picture shows some of the water pouring out. I took this is after I had removed it from the box, and turned it right side up when it poured out most of the water on my laminate kitchen floor.
Some other things you cant see in the picture are 5 or 6 lose screws around the perimeter of the unit. They were striped and could not tighten, and rattled if you taped on them. There was also an electrical
sensor with a loose connection, that would surely have failed at some point.