Back up camera - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-21-2016, 04:51 PM   #15

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
I think the easiest display to use is a mount close to the height of your side mirror line of vision. Just as it you drew a line between them. That way you can very quickly scan from side to side as well as seeing directly behind without changing your head height. (maybe for me that is mostly age related with a perpetual achy neck that does not like twisting around like a pretzel)

The displays that show in the rear view mirror are much too small for my liking. I checked several brands of them out in a working display at Frys Electronics store and was not impressed.

But one thing that will likely happen before very long is your mind will get used to where the ball is and then it reaches that instinctual point where you don't have to see it in a backup camera to know you are on the mark. We have amazing brains and we have to remember they are trainable.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laps View Post
Seems like a novel approach:

7-Inch Mirror with 120° RV Backup Camera
I have that exact setup on my Escape 21. Definitely love it; TADI uses a different frequency that is far enough off the Bluetooth frequency that there is no interference. One cable to the monitor that I ran up the drivers side windshield pillar, so it sits above my visor. Monitor clips on/off easy. Night vision illumination is very good, makes it easy to back into my 30 ft deep storage bay.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:08 PM   #17

Name: Lapsley
Trailer: currently saving for an Oliver
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I have that exact setup on my Escape 21. Definitely love it; TADI uses a different frequency that is far enough off the Bluetooth frequency that there is no interference. One cable to the monitor that I ran up the drivers side windshield pillar, so it sits above my visor. Monitor clips on/off easy. Night vision illumination is very good, makes it easy to back into my 30 ft deep storage bay.
Thanks for that. I haven't read too many reviews on the TADI unit but those I have seen have been very positive and much less expensive than the unit the Oliver factory offers. When I did the factory tour at Oliver I was told that they would install most any back up camera system I was interested in.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:32 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laps View Post
Thanks for that. I haven't read too many reviews on the TADI unit but those I have seen have been very positive and much less expensive than the unit the Oliver factory offers. When I did the factory tour at Oliver I was told that they would install most any back up camera system I was interested in.
Long time TADI user, they've even replaced an out-of-warranty monitor free. Escape trailers recently standardized on TADI for their trailers.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #19

Name: Lapsley
Trailer: currently saving for an Oliver
Tennessee
Thanks, another positive response on the TADI unit.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #20

Name: Larry.
Trailer: UHAUL Ct13
California
Led remote controlled spotlight helps me navigate my rig into camp spots by myself. By the time, I am done with work, get the kids ready it's usually 9pm. Granted, you will look like a ufo but I get tons of compliments on how useful it is.

Through the valley of death.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:59 AM   #21

Name: Pamela
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Tennessee
What a good idea……I like easy…..Will look into it….Thanks