Base shoe & 1985 Scamp 13' Updates! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2016, 10:20 AM   #1

Name: Olivia
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
Base shoe & 1985 Scamp 13' Updates!

Hi all — mods on our 1985 13' Scamp are coming along! We bought this baby in beautiful (but SUPER SMELLY) condition and I promptly ripped out the absolutely spotless ensolite without really thinking that decision through. We had camped in the Scamp in October (right after buying it) and woke up to water dripping on our faces from the condensation inside. Long story short: the solution was to take our Scamp to the factory in Backus, MN where they installed the wall carpet. They were AMAZING. Incredible! So nice, friendly, thoughtful, welcoming. I have to give a huge shout out to Micah there who was exceptional to work with.

We are almost finished installing our flooring, and are going to add base shoe. Does anyone have recommendations for how to adhere the base shoe? Nail gun? Glue? Any tips would be appreciated!

oliviaherrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:49 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette
I glued a matching piece of laminate flooring to the riser using construction adhesive. 10 years later it was still there.
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:47 PM   #3

Name: Dawn
New York
Registry
I know someone in a similar situation--do you mind me asking what it cost you to replace the insulation & fabric? It's looks fantastic!!
NedMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:50 PM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
That looks great.
Yes, I am sure lots of people would be curious about the cost to get new rat fur installed from Scamp.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:40 AM   #5

Name: Olivia
Minnesota
The price went up right after we had ours installed —*I believe that it is now $1750 for a 13'.

It's a lot, that's for sure, but for us it was a huge priority to have the proper insulation that would protect us from moisture, condensation, and mold. We also got our Scamp in beautiful condition for a crazy deal, so it made sense to invest that much and it fit into our overall budget.

Olivia
oliviaherrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 02:30 PM   #6

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
I used quarter round, real quarter round, clear pine wood. Three coats of urethane. I had the products left over from a bedroom re-do, so all I had in the Scamp was my time. Enjoyed it, actually.

I "shot" the trim on with finishing nail gun, 1" or 1.5" (cannot now recall). Of course, the gun must shoot the nail straight down, into the wooden floor subfloor and not into the cabinets or anything like that.

Pictures are a bit out of sequence, but you can tell what's what.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF1696.jpg   DSCF1600.jpg  

IMG_2099.jpg   DSCF1612.jpg  

bpfick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp