Bbq-pit mod - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2006, 06:40 AM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul
well a bunch of you had asked about theLPG tank mod and i posted the info but not a peep , did ya miss it or was it that bad ?

just remember its not finished yet

http://www.terry-g.net/u-haul/bbq-pit/bbq-pit.html
Terry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:50 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Well, I looked at it and want to thank you for taking the time to post an explanation and pictures Certainly appreciate the knowledge, expertise and creativity it took to create it. Sure hope you post pictures when it's complete. Now, if JB Weld would just do the trick ......
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:47 AM   #3

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Terry G.,
You've created an interesting concept, and a unique use for an old style propane tank. It's in line with the thinking which created "wind" chimes from old acetylene and oxygen tanks. Although those which I've seen were apparently cut with a saw or possibly an abrasive cut-off wheel.
Please keep us informed as you progress with it's development.
Thanks for inviting us along for the "journey",
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 86 Burro 17 ft Widebody
Terry,
Great idea! Looks good.
Rick
Rick F. D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1984
What a grate idea!
Love that patina. Mabee it should be kept that way.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #6

UPDATE. aka bbq breakin test

2 1/2 lbs of boiled shrimp

P.S. they be good ya hear ( with a cajon twang in my voice)
Old 12-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #7

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Hi Terry ...I are looking into doing this Mod........Thanks for the info on "how to" .......now my next question is ......What happened to the shrimp ???? I mean none of us got to see or taste any of them ... Sure glad you cooked hem cajon style.

Lynn
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #8

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft CT
That is a good idea. We just resently purchased a U-Haul 13' and I am in the process of cleaning it up for the spring. Let us know how your restoration is coming. Oh buy the way, I noticed that you are from the Houston area, my wife and I grew up in Baytown.
Chris
Chris and Ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:14 AM   #9

Lynn, my dad taught me it was bad manners to show someone cooked food if you could not
invite them to eat with ya, heheh, besides I forgot to take a pic of the shrimp and when I did think about it they were gone.....

'Chris and Ame Carlson' Let us know how your restoration is coming. Oh buy the way, I noticed that you are from the Houston area, my wife and I grew up in Baytown.
Chris,look for a link called "cracked egg" were done fixin her up and been using her.
ya, we make it over to Baytown every once in a while.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:37 PM   #10

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Lynn, my dad taught me it was bad manners to show someone cooked food if you could not
invite them to eat with ya, heheh, besides I forgot to take a pic of the shrimp and when I did think about it they were gone.....
'Chris and Ame Carlson' Let us know how your restoration is coming. Oh buy the way, I noticed that you are from the Houston area, my wife and I grew up in Baytown.
Chris,look for a link called "cracked egg" were done fixin her up and been using her.
ya, we make it over to Baytown every once in a while.

Terry ...sure sounds like we are all Texas Folks ,for sure.....as I was taught the same thing. Never noticed you were from the Houston area untill Chris made mention of Baytown. Chris & Ame........have been to Baytown a lot in my younger years, not very often anymore. Terry, go to Houston a lot ( have a daughter that lives there).........just live about 45 miles South of there myself. Ever hear of Dow Chemical,live in their town.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Terry ...sure sounds like we are all Texas Folks ,for sure.....as I was taught the same thing. Never noticed you were from the Houston area untill Chris made mention of Baytown. Chris & Ame........have been to Baytown a lot in my younger years, not very often anymore. Terry, go to Houston a lot ( have a daughter that lives there).........just live about 45 miles South of there myself. Ever hear of Dow Chemical,live in their town.
Lynn, i live right close to Hobby Apt but being recently retired i spend a lot of time fishing in any spot that has water in it .
thats kinda why we got and rebuilt the U-haul, so we could get a bit ferther out .

ya know about Dow, the company i worked for had several contracts with Dow, we provided controller units for them.