Hi Rick: Finally got around to getting some pics of my B15. Hope I get them posted OK. As far as I can tell, the unit is much like yours. It had no fridge
so I'll need to find one. The pics will tell a lot. I have had to totally gut it.
I also have a whole list of questions. I don't want to take up all your time, but your answers could be very helpful to me.
I'll list my questions before I try the Pic posting.
1. Where did you get the Bluwood?? no one here has heard of it.
2. What dimensions did you use for the floor?? 1 x 3" (3/4 x 2 1/2) ?
3.When you cut a board, how did you reseal the cut ends?
4. When rebuilding, did you leave the furnace
out. On you pics, it looks like you did.
5. Did you change the table/bed arrangement from lengthwise to crosswise?
6. The aluminum foam sounds like a great idea. Where did you purchase it and what is the cost?
7. Note on the pics, my B15 sits very high. The torsion axle
has been changed to a sprung axle. I need to lower it at least 6 inches. Does your unit still have the torsion axle? If yes, does it have a number. What is the weight
capacity and what is the starting angle?? I have been told by an RV shop to just get a 6" drop axle and install it upside down. Unless it was specially built, wouldn't that make the camber angle wrong? Also, a sprung axle needs to be mounted 5 - 6 inches further back than a torsion axle which has a 6" arm. Does this not move the fulcrum point back and therefore put more weight
on the TV hitch?? A drop axle would be considerably less costly.
Thanks again for your help, and if anyone else out there can shed light
on these matters I would be pleased to hear from you.
Sorry, I'm struggling with the picture posting, so will send this and try again with the pics.