Bed extensions? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #61

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Bill (Laura?), I'm very interested as my table is one of the last things I need to make in my Boler. The extension seems to be a must in order to sleep with my beloved instead of being at a different end of the trailer... I'll let you do the research and development and, then, I'll use your idea!

So thank you beforehand!
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 12:53 PM   #62

Name: Dean
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
This looks great. Do you have any pictures of what it looks like underneath?
DeanNienhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #63

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
If you go back to pages 1 and 2 you will find what I have in pictures as well as a picture of the angle strapping I used to make the channels.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #64

Name: Chris
Trailer: 1986 Play-Mor II & Scamp 13' Build date April 2019
Connecticut
I will be building a storage drawer that is under the bed. When I pull it out it will lock open on the hinges and will have two lower support legs. Then will put on some cushion and I can sleep.
I am 6’5” so the way the bed is now won’t work.
CSiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:37 AM   #65

Registry
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSiko View Post
I will be building a storage drawer that is under the bed. When I pull it out it will lock open on the hinges and will have two lower support legs. Then will put on some cushion and I can sleep.
I am 6’5” so the way the bed is now won’t work.
Sounds great. Whatever works for anyone, and more storage is not a bad thing.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:16 PM   #66

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
bed extension

I would not make a bed extension permanently attached to the table. We have a utensil drawer under the table top. Build a collapsible box. that fills the space. flat top, legs or no legs. PVC pipe box that comes apart. the look of a card board box with hinged sides, so it can fold up My wife and I tried a bed extension. Look back at early posts. You and your companion will have to fit your your legs and feet into the extension space. You CAN get used to the other person being in YOUR space. with the extension the heater outlet vent was blocked, by bedding; very hot for that persons feet. could not open cabinets blocked by the extension. extension looks great. We do not use it. We pull the table top out 8"s, put an 8" spacer below the rear window, put a piece of foam the correct shape over the insert, same thing where the table extends out into the aisle. We have 3" memory foam the shape of the whole bed, cut, with a 8" tab that covers the table top pullout, it is one piece. ( the tab can be velcro'd to the big piece of memory foam. ) It works. I can put my knees, or butt out into this area.

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #67

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Strong View Post
I would not make a bed extension permanently attached to the table. We have a utensil drawer under the table top. Build a collapsible box. that fills the space. flat top, legs or no legs. PVC pipe box that comes apart. the look of a card board box with hinged sides, so it can fold up My wife and I tried a bed extension. Look back at early posts. You and your companion will have to fit your your legs and feet into the extension space. You CAN get used to the other person being in YOUR space. with the extension the heater outlet vent was blocked, by bedding; very hot for that persons feet. could not open cabinets blocked by the extension. extension looks great. We do not use it. We pull the table top out 8"s, put an 8" spacer below the rear window, put a piece of foam the correct shape over the insert, same thing where the table extends out into the aisle. We have 3" memory foam the shape of the whole bed, cut, with a 8" tab that covers the table top pullout, it is one piece. ( the tab can be velcro'd to the big piece of memory foam. ) It works. I can put my knees, or butt out into this area.

Later Kenny
What ever works for each individual. Our shelf slides under the bed, so the extension doesn't block anything during the day. We sleep front to back so we don't have to climb over the other person. I would assume your method, you still climb out and over. We are older than dirt and can't do that anymore. I'd pee before I got there if I was on the inside.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:55 AM   #68

Name: Phil
Trailer: 1972 Boler
British Columbia
Reviving a thread here because I want to do this as well. Anyone have photos of the finished product??
PhilBeTheMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:06 AM   #69

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBeTheMountain View Post
Reviving a thread here because I want to do this as well. Anyone have photos of the finished product??
If you go back to the beginning of this thread, I posted pictures of our bed extension open, and closed away, as well as a drawing of how we made our bed drawer.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:08 AM   #70

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian L View Post
If you go back to the beginning of this thread, I posted pictures of our bed extension open, and closed away, as well as a drawing of how we made our bed drawer.
Post #6 and post # 12 are the pictures.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:43 AM   #71

Name: Phil
Trailer: 1972 Boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian L View Post
Post #6 and post # 12 are the pictures.
Yes I did see this thanks! I was wondering if anyone else did something different?
PhilBeTheMountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:32 AM   #72

Name: Natalie
Trailer: ford
mexico
We were also looking to expand the comfortable sleeping space in our RV and someone recommended this Ashley Furniture Signature Design Zeb Contemporary Sleeper Sofa couch. It comes with the choice between three different mattress sizes and four different colors. It is a tri-fold and comes apart nicely to fit into our space. I am very happy with this sofa.
Natalie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:37 AM   #73

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie21 View Post
We were also looking to expand the comfortable sleeping space in our RV and someone recommended this Ashley Furniture Signature Design Zeb Contemporary Sleeper Sofa couch. It comes with the choice between three different mattress sizes and four different colors. It is a tri-fold and comes apart nicely to fit into our space. I am very happy with this sofa.
??PICTURES OR LINK??
Old 01-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #74

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I don't think I can fit a sofa thru my trailer door.
Vivian My wife wakes me I sit up, slide to one side, she slides off the bed. I wait, when she returns and moves in under the sheets we go back to sleep.

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:50 PM   #75

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Yeah- I'm trying to figure out where you would put a "sleeper sofa" in a molded fiberglass trailer. However, I notice that Natalie21 lists her RV as a "Ford," which may shed some light on the confusion.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:36 PM   #76

Name: Martin
Trailer: Trillium 13. boler 13.
British Columbia
I have just built a Bed extension and thought some people may like to see some photos. Seems I can only upload 4 at a time.
There are legs at the back that stay attached all the time. The front legs are removable. More pictures coming.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0575.jpg   IMG_0576.jpg  

IMG_0577.jpg   IMG_0578.jpg  

Martin.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:39 PM   #77

British Columbia
The next four
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0579.jpg   IMG_0580.jpg  

IMG_0581.jpg   IMG_0582.jpg  

Old 06-07-2021, 04:44 PM   #78

British Columbia
This shows the extension open and closed with and with out the front legs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0583.jpg   IMG_0584.jpg  

IMG_0585.jpg   IMG_0586.jpg  

Old 07-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #79

British Columbia
All done
Attached Thumbnails
20210708_120424.jpg   20210708_120442.jpg  

Old 07-08-2021, 02:36 PM   #80

Registry
bed exteension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin.P View Post
All done
Love it. Tweeks from ours look like they work well. Enjoy.