Bedding, Linens, Decor - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp Custom Deluxe 19 ft 5th Wheel
Greetings - I am a fan of the fiberglass bumper pull campers for several years. My son and I have owned seven! I am delighted to own a 95 Casita, full size with beautiful private bathroom! This one may be the keeper.....

Another hobby of mine ~ all kind of textiles - collecting, etc. I have picked up useful items for my Scamp, Casitas, etc.
Some decorating ideas....
Try a crib bumper - (about $3 at Goodwill ~ plenty available!) line the inside of the full/queen beds. Very snuggly and cozy. I add some throw pillows, find matching crib matress dust ruffles. The fabrics can be re purposed for curtains, etc. I will be loading photos soon if I ever figure this all out. Nursery linen sets usually come with available curtains. I have found the Classic Pooh, small floral print for the larger picture window and rear lg. window... and added some plan deeper lavender panels for the side windows in back. Very nice simple print on a light colored background. Just a 180 from the condition when it arrived in my driveway!

I made a new side "fainting bench" from plywood in my Freedom Deluxe. (Removed swivel chairs, table, unnecessary raised flooring pieces, changed all flooring (and sub flooring) to oak lamiate). There was so much space with the chairs out, posts, supports all removed. No more particle board in my Casita now!
The fabric "headboard" piece from a Classic Pooh nursery bedding set (on reverse side) makes the backrest against the bathroom wall. matches the curtains, etc. Perfect size for my new bench. I purchased a thick single chaise lounge cushion at Goodwill covered it with a pretty, neutral sheet. Very upscale with my bone china tea cups.....Lipton anyone?
The renovation makeover of this Casita took about two weeks steady. One very helpful neighbor with tools/ability for hire was the correct decision! He made the bench to my simple specs. braced to the new sub flooring, no additional holes in my fiberglass. Bench isn't going anywhere....One day I may have a piece of "fine furniture" replacing it. For now this beauty is ready to be enjoyed. Clean, fresh, everything works!

My home linen closets have a variety curtains, shower curtains, etc. I pick them up for the fabrics and what I can do with them in my little Doll Houses on Wheels. I use pretty or whimsical Shower curtains, cut to correct lengths, hemmed. They are versatile for different seasons, different privacy needs. Look for linen departments in Goodwill, Salvation Army, Hospital thrift shops. Check out baby/child departments for crib bumpers, etc. not always displayed with linens.

Maureen S

Virginia

Maureen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Maureen, you're my kind of woman!!! Love the ideas, can't wait to see pics! My favorite places to shop are Goodwill/Thrift, etc. It's amazing what you can find!

I want to replace my heavy cabinet doors with fabric. Any ideas on that, Maureen? I've had good luck with industrial velcro, wonder if that would work.

Keep the ideas coming!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Maureen, you're my kind of woman!!! Love the ideas, can't wait to see pics! My favorite places to shop are Goodwill/Thrift, etc. It's amazing what you can find!

I want to replace my heavy cabinet doors with fabric. Any ideas on that, Maureen? I've had good luck with industrial velcro, wonder if that would work.

Keep the ideas coming!

We have shops here in Virginia....Habitat for Humanity Re-Sale stores. This is a builders thrift shop. (Love to go there when I actually have measurements with me... Take a look at the paint selections too!) There are tons of lightweight cabinet doors at the Winchester VA shop for example. I would probably power staple or tack the canvas or other desired fabrics, (highly polished cottons are very durable). The fabrics would be stapled to a frame - The frame would be the cabinet door with the center portion/square, rectangle, etc. cut out. You would eliminate some of the door weight and have an existing frame on which to attach chicken wire, fabric, etc. Fabrics available at thrift shops .... check out some of the curtains. Wash in cold water, fluff dry in dryer (5 min w/ dryer sheet), iron before installing.
Maureen S.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #4

Photos from Maureen S. Here is the interior of my fun Doll House on Wheels!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #5

Registry
Thanks for the ideas!!

Can't see any pictures---bummer!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #6

Trailer: Trillium 4500
I can't see pictures either ... would love to see them
Donna H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Maureen will be sending me the pictures (I get to see them first ), but I WILL post them for y'all to see too.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #8

Registry
Thanks Donna D.!!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:29 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
casita_059.JPG   casita_063.JPG  

casita_068.JPG   casita_070.JPG  

casita_071.JPG  
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #10

Registry
So cute! Love it!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Escape ('Suite Escape')
Registry
Good ideas! Sure looks comfortable and custom too!
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote