Before and After - 74 Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #21

Name: Tania
Trailer: Newbie owners of TrailMite
Oregon
Registry
Thank you for posting the pics and info. I really enjoyed seeing how you did things as we are working on our "cracked egg" (It is in parts right now ) Ours came with no appliances, so we were looking at an old stove top with character or a new stainless steel. Still not 100% sure which way we we'll go, but leaning towards new. I looked at that exact same striped duck material as it is festive, but finally decided on denim as that fit us. Love the curtains!
TaniaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #22

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Shawn, I noticed in your post about the "converter sound buzz", your fuse box and ground terminal box. I really like it and did not know this product existed. It is neat and protected and can be labeled. Where did you find this box? How much? Thank you.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #23

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
Great upgrades so far. Mine too had mismatched side running lights with only two working. I know you are supposed to have red on the back corners and orange on the front corners, but I changed them all to orange LED's.

I also changed the back tail lights to the Princess Auto LED's. I added a porch light and put in a LED bulb, then wired the porch light switch to the running and tail lights, so when you turn the porch light switch on, all the exterior lights come on.

Looks great at night with it all lit up, get lots of comments in the campground
Jayson Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #24

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Beautiful refurb! What gauge conductors between the PD converter and the battery? I have the same converter on hand but have not installed. Attempting to decide between a physical swap with the old converter on the back of a Newmark distribution panel OR placing in a better ventilated locker in proximity to the battery. Thanks for the hint about the buzz in the "boost" mode. Saved some head scratchin in the learning curve.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #25

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
Nice job you're doing! I really like the upgraded stove top.
The new electrics always give a peace of mind, too!
itlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #26

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
A few questions? That tongue box, how much does it weigh? I'd love to clean up my tongue, but don't want to add more than a few lbs.

Love that Prog. Dynamics converter, I'd probably go with that if mine wasn't new when I bought the Scamp. Did it come with the DC fuse/circuit panel? Or was that extra? If extra is that also a Prog. Dynamics product? Where are your AC breakers?
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #27

Name: Shawn
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Manitoba
Hi Jayson,

I thanks for the info. I just tried to wire in a switch for the running lights. I really want to be able to switch on the running lights separately from my porch light. I ran a cable from a positive connection on my electrical to the brown wire on my 4 prong wiring for the trailer using a new switch. I'm not getting any light though. I'm wondering if this may be an issue with the ground?

Just figured I would run that by you.

Thanks,
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wall View Post
Great upgrades so far. Mine too had mismatched side running lights with only two working. I know you are supposed to have red on the back corners and orange on the front corners, but I changed them all to orange LED's.

I also changed the back tail lights to the Princess Auto LED's. I added a porch light and put in a LED bulb, then wired the porch light switch to the running and tail lights, so when you turn the porch light switch on, all the exterior lights come on.

Looks great at night with it all lit up, get lots of comments in the campground
sanderssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #28

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Shawn, I noticed in your post about the "converter sound buzz", your fuse box and ground terminal box. I really like it and did not know this product existed. It is neat and protected and can be labeled. Where did you find this box? How much? Thank you.
Hello Again,

I got the fuse box from vintage trailer supply. It's a really well made product.
It's $35.99

12V RV Fuse Box
Old 08-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #29

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
A few questions? That tongue box, how much does it weigh? I'd love to clean up my tongue, but don't want to add more than a few lbs.

Love that Prog. Dynamics converter, I'd probably go with that if mine wasn't new when I bought the Scamp. Did it come with the DC fuse/circuit panel? Or was that extra? If extra is that also a Prog. Dynamics product? Where are your AC breakers?

The fuse box is a seperate product from vintage trailer supply. 12V RV Fuse Box

The boler didn't have an AC breaker. I'm thinking I need to add one. Just wondering if any bolers came with them?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #30

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Beautiful refurb! What gauge conductors between the PD converter and the battery? I have the same converter on hand but have not installed. Attempting to decide between a physical swap with the old converter on the back of a Newmark distribution panel OR placing in a better ventilated locker in proximity to the battery. Thanks for the hint about the buzz in the "boost" mode. Saved some head scratchin in the learning curve.

jack

Hello,

I used 8G wire for my battery connectors. The fuse box I am using came with a great wiring diagram (attached)
Attached Thumbnails
fuseboxwiringdiagram.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #31

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderssc View Post
The fuse box is a seperate product from vintage trailer supply. 12V RV Fuse Box

The boler didn't have an AC breaker. I'm thinking I need to add one. Just wondering if any bolers came with them?
The details at Amazon show a shipping weight of 22lb. I
Old 08-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #32

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Nice job plenty of helpful ideas.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #33

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
shawn---you have done an awesome job! the fabrics are beautiful and add so much zest!!
keep up the great work.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #34

Name: Heidi
Trailer: '73 Trillium 1300
Saskatchewan
Tks for sharing! It was nice to see in person and now I get to see some of the previous pics. I was going to work on mine some more this week but getting it ready for our last camp out this year instead. Then it will be cozy in the garage ready for me to tackle some more. lol

Tags
boler