Better air circulation without ac - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2016, 05:47 AM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H {Minnesota) View Post
Looked the Maxx fan up. Nice, but I'll probably try the O2 cool first. Thanks!
Also see http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...fan-75123.html
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #22

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
We use the O2Cool fan in our Scamp 13 as well. We position one tied with zip ties to the counter support of the sink, blowing across the bed, and then the kids each have clip on fans to blow on them in the bunks. We also leave the screen door open, through the night, so that draws in a lot of cool air. Last summer we camped in eastern Nebraska, temps were 80's during the night, high humidity and we slept very cool.

(edited to add, that we have a voranado fan in our son's room at home, because his bedroom is SO HOT no matter how low we turn the AC. That is one amazing little fan! I'm very impressed with how well it cools his room down.)
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
You can spend a bit more $$ and replace your exhaust fan with a MaxxFan. It is also made by Fantastic, but with the added feature that it can be left open in the rain. The fan itself is shrouded. the blade tips are surrounded by a ring so it moves more air with less noise. 3 speed both in or out.
It requires a flat mounting surface. I made a wood frame to fit the curve of the roof and provide a flat place to mount the fan.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
MaxxAir and Fan-Tastic Vent are competitors.

MaxxAir Airxcel RV Group is the industry leader in RV ventilation. We take great pride in our products and our employees who make them. Our focus is providing you with ventilation products that improve your RV lifestyle.

Fan-Tastic Vent was acquired by Atwood Mobile Products LLC, a leading supplier to the recreation vehicle industry. Today Fan-Tastic Vent continues to be one of the most recognized brand names in the industry and has sold over 3 million fans.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #25

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
what about computer fans, quiet, low cost, low 12vdc power usage, various sizes. Some even have three speed settings or variable speed control. Guard grills are available. I used a 230mm fan in my fantastic fan when it blew a blade. It moves 160cfm at .38 amps. Also used smaller one in the bathroom vent and 2 on the stove vent. Mount one or 2 in the window frames.
Attached Images

Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #26

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
MaxxAir and Fan-Tastic Vent are competitors.

MaxxAir Airxcel RV Group is the industry leader in RV ventilation. We take great pride in our products and our employees who make them. Our focus is providing you with ventilation products that improve your RV lifestyle.

Fan-Tastic Vent was acquired by Atwood Mobile Products LLC, a leading supplier to the recreation vehicle industry. Today Fan-Tastic Vent continues to be one of the most recognized brand names in the industry and has sold over 3 million fans.
thanks for straightening me out. I should have said MaxxFan by MaxxAir.
I was just on top of my Scamp, and learned how to open the lid for cleaning.
wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:38 AM   #27

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
And I suppose you also think that if a tree falls in the forest and you are not around to hear it, that it makes no noise?

Don't you love it when a hardware question morphs into a philosophy discussion?
==============================================

Philosophy Question : If a Man says something in the forest ,and there is no woman to hear him, Is he still wrong ? David in Fresno and Sonora
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:38 PM   #28

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
OK - have to check out Walmart for the O2C, Target for Vornado. I've got plenty of zip ties.
John H {Minnesota) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #29

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
==============================================

Philosophy Question : If a Man says something in the forest ,and there is no woman to hear him, Is he still wrong ? David in Fresno and Sonora
"All men make mistakes , married men just find out about them sooner "
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote