Bigfoot Graphics Opinions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2016, 09:31 AM   #1

Name: Ken
Trailer: Bigfoot
Florida
Bigfoot Graphics Opinions

Just purchased a BF 25R21RB. Inside is perfect. Exterior is somewhat of a mess. Half of the graphics have been removed and the other half are in bad shape so I am removing them. Gelcoat is mostly Ok but there is some ghosting where the decals were.

So starting with a blank canvas, I am looking for opinions on new graphics. When I'm done I am planning to do the zep finish.

I know keeping it original is preferred but I hate swooshes. I would like to keep it very simple (even retro) with some stripes but am open to ideas. I would even consider painting it or at least the bottom portion.

I am currently thinking of just getting maybe two rolls of vinyl striping in two colors. Maybe a 2" stripe and a 1" stripe and just wrap the trailer right above the belly band. Any thoughts on design or colors would be appreciated!
klthomascpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Some very nice graphics that are similar to the original Bigfoot graphics are available from;
sales@fastdecals.com
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #3

Florida
Perfect. I will check into it. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by klthomascpa View Post
I know keeping it original is preferred but I hate swooshes.
Original is preferred? I haven't heard that. I would much rather be one-of-one, than one of many. It's your trailer, make it uniquely your own.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:13 AM   #5

Florida
I am with you. I have searched the site to see what others have done and I ran across a number of posts where people feel original is better. That is not my plan.

I haven't been able to find many pics of Bigfoots with unique designs. Maybe everyone likes the swooshes? I plan to go more simple sort of like the older ones.

If anyone has any pics of unique Bigfoot (or others) exteriors, I would appreciate seeing them!
Old 08-09-2016, 11:27 AM   #6

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Any place that makes decals, signs etc should be able to make or duplicate whatever you need as far as new decals. Curious, was that the Bigfoot that was in Sarasota?
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #7

Florida
Yes it was. It was on eBay and Craigslist locally. I am happy with it so far. But the exterior definitely needs some work (which I knew going in).
Old 08-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #8

Washington
Yeah say it on Ebay. Looks like you'll get the exterior in shape and have a very nice Boigfoot.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #9

Name: Rick
Trailer: 1984 Bigfoot B17DLX
Rural Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Original is preferred? I haven't heard that. I would much rather be one-of-one, than one of many. It's your trailer, make it uniquely your own.
I prefer original. If you sell a trailer that looks messed with, it hurts your resale. JMO
Ruralcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:21 PM   #10

Name: Francois
British Columbia
Registry
you could....

you could remove all the stick-on graphics and just go plain white everywhere....there are one or two 17s that I have seen on this site that went that route and I like that look a lot....but that's just me....I would do it if it wasn't so much work....

one thing to keep in mind if you replace graphics....the rockguard gets the most sun and graphics there will be the first to fade/deteriorate
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:47 PM   #11

Florida
I agree all white looks good. The 21 is pretty big and it is a lot of white.

One side is completely stripped of decals and is now all white and although I like a lot of white I am thinking it is just a little too much. That is why I am thinking of at least a stripe or some simple to break up all of the white.

I will try to take a pic of it all white and post it for comments.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #12

Florida
Plain 25R21RB

Shined up it would look pretty good.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #13

Florida
Not necessarily the colors, but I was thinking something to this effect. But plain white is growing on me.

I am obviously not an artist and will not be using spraypaint
Old 08-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #14

Washington
I always have liked the bottom accent on some of the Bigfoot trailers. I would do that and then try to replicate some of the original decals at a decal/sign vendor. Since you don't like the entire original look, just go for part of it. The part you like. Otherwise do something like you laid out. I have to agree with a previous comment that the more original, the better the resale value if and when you decide to sell it. For what it's worth. Nice trailer.

By the way....what year? If I remember right....2006?
Old 08-10-2016, 12:35 AM   #15

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by klthomascpa View Post
Not necessarily the colors, but I was thinking something to this effect. But plain white is growing on me.

I am obviously not an artist and will not be using spraypaint
Box stock original isn't going to make one dime difference for resale, it's all in condition for 99.9% of people looking. MMMMM, the more I look at your example above the center line, the more I like the quirky attitude that comes across to me. Certainly would be an original one of a kind design.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:01 AM   #16

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Box stock original isn't going to make one dime difference for resale, it's all in condition for 99.9% of people looking. MMMMM, the more I look at your example above the center line, the more I like the quirky attitude that comes across to me. Certainly would be an original one of a kind design.
I really like this! One-of-one!!!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #17

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Thought I would show you mine
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #18

Florida
That looks nice. Much better than the graphics mine had. Are those the original graphics?

I like the gold on the lower portions and will probably do something similar.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #19

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
I used to think about painting mine a solid gold color with automotive paint. I figured it was possible to paint a fiberglass Corvette body so why not a fiberglass trailer body. I researched it a little and found out it is very difficult to paint over gel coat and get it to look like anything. Doing it right would require removing all the windows and through the walls, roof, vents, doors, etc. Then with the Bigfoots there is that seam strip that joins the top half with the bottom half. I am not sure just how that comes apart.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:02 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
You just use a belt sander on the belly band.

Tags
bigfoot