Bigfoot Water/Grey/Black Tank Changes - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2019, 05:11 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Florida
Registry
Bigfoot Water/Grey/Black Tank Changes

Hi we have just purchased a 2005 25B21RB Bigfoot. It is a beauty and the previous owners (great people) kept it immaculate. We plan to do a few adjustments to the storage tanks so we will have more fresh water capacity for use in boondocking. Any advice is appreciated. OK so what I want to do is replace the toilet with a composting toilet. Natures Head is my choice. Now for the tanks. My plan is to convert the black tank to grey water tank, convert the grey water to fresh water by super cleaning it and changing the connections to fresh system. Now we will have 2 fresh water tanks and no need to have a blackwater holding tank. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
zorrou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I considered the head replacement with a compost unit, the Nature's Head specifically. But after watching some youtube videos, I decided against it. Too many variables that I don't care to take on. Could you not carry extra water specifically for drinking, and use your fresh water tank for dishes and showers? I also saw a modification where an owner diverted his grey water for use in his toilet. Saves a lot of your fresh water issues. If you look in RV Modifications, not sure of the forum but you can google, you can probably find this. If not, and you are interested, I'm sure I can find the link for you.
JimKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:17 AM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Florida
Registry
I am set on the composting toilet. I watched a couple on their blog https://www.gonewiththewynns.com/ and they made some very good points. I am sure I do not want to haul my waste around and the compost is environmentally beneficial. I believe all toilets should be composting and all yards grass free and growing food instead. I am willing to deal with any inconveniences necessary.
zorrou812 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot