Biggest flat screen TV? - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-25-2015, 09:58 PM   #1

Name: Chigger
Trailer: Currently Shopping
USA
Biggest flat screen TV?

Folks, what's the biggest flat screen TV you ever seen installed in a 19 deluxe 5th wheel Scamp, and how/where was it located?

Thanks in advance for pics

Old 08-25-2015, 10:39 PM   #2

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp
Minnesota
I personally have never seen a TV in a Deluxe Fiver. I do however, have a 7" undercounter combination TV, DVD player, and radio.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:14 AM   #3

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
I have a 19" in my Scamp 16' and I seem to recall a member here who has a 32" or it may be bigger in a Scamp 13"
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:41 AM   #4

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Wait a minute! People have TV's in campers? When did this happen and why didn't I get the memo? :-)
Old 08-26-2015, 10:57 AM   #5

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Why in the world would you want to put a Tow Vehicle in a trailer?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #6

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Well, that just goes to show what we have proven over and over on this forum, "To each his own." I go camping to get away from TV and such, but that's me. Lost cell signal??.............YAY!!

Now if I was fulltiming it might be different....but then, what about all those good books I haven't read.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minimalist View Post
Well, that just goes to show what we have proven over and over on this forum, "To each his own." I go camping to get away from TV and such, but that's me. Lost cell signal??.............YAY!!

Now if I was fulltiming it might be different....but then, what about all those good books I haven't read.

I agree with this.
However I'm very biased. From my observations of the programming on television it appears to be aimed at numbing the mind. So you sit like zombies in front of the television. Then there's the group that get an RV drives across town or to the beach or where ever, but need to have television to continue numbing the mind. There's so much to learn from being out doors.
Learn the names of the plants and animals you see. Observe a golden mantel ground squirrel or chipmunk and their antics. Look for the rhythm of a stream (bet you didn't know streams have a rythm). Feel the bark of different species of trees. There's just way too much to do out doors to spend your precious time glued to a television. That's my opinion anyway.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #8

British Columbia
Registry
LOL the funny thing is the first week I owned my trailer I took off the roof antenna it came with as I could not for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to take a TV camping!!

It was not until I had done a number of trips of more than a few weeks in duration that I realized two things. One was that watching movies on rainy night on a laptop was not all its cracked up to be if more than 2 people are wanting to watch it. Secondly having the wires for the plug hanging loose for dogs and young people who camp with me to get caught up on while passing by and a having a pricy laptop go tumbling off a counter to the floor was not a great thing.

So when I was given a small 19" flat screen TV that I really had no use for in my home a TV mount was put into the back corner of the trailer along with a blue ray DVD player - hidden away in a cupboard. Its actually pretty nice to sit back and enjoy a movie without having to keep moving the screen this way and that so others can see it or worrying about someone puling it down onto the floor ;-)

I also discovered that when away for more than a few weeks it is nice to be able to watch the news occasionally to catch up on whats happening in the world, so a small portable flat antenna was purchased for that purpose - although I admit it has only been used about once or twice a year on average as I am often not camping anywhere near a TV tower to pick up a news channel.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:37 PM   #9

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
LOL the funny thing is the first week I owned my trailer I took off the roof antenna it came with as I could not for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to take a TV camping!!

It was not until I had done a number of trips of more than a few weeks in duration that I realized two things. One was that watching movies on rainy night on a laptop was not all its cracked up to be if more than 2 people are wanting to watch it. Secondly having the wires for the plug hanging loose for dogs and young people who camp with me to get caught up on while passing by and a having a pricy laptop go tumbling off a counter to the floor was not a great thing.

So when I was given a small 19" flat screen TV that I really had no use for in my home a TV mount was put into the back corner of the trailer along with a blue ray DVD player - hidden away in a cupboard. Its actually pretty nice to sit back and enjoy a movie without having to keep moving the screen this way and that so others can see it or worrying about someone puling it down onto the floor ;-)

I also discovered that when away for more than a few weeks it is nice to be able to watch the news occasionally to catch up on whats happening in the world, so a small portable flat antenna was purchased for that purpose - although I admit it has only been used about once or twice a year on average as I am often not camping anywhere near a TV tower to pick up a news channel.

That's nice if you camp near cities where you can get television reception. I often can't even get cell phone coverage and don't care.

What to do on a rainy evening? I know Sudoku. It keeps the mind active.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:54 PM   #10

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
That's nice if you camp near cities where you can get television reception. I often can't even get cell phone coverage and don't care.

What to do on a rainy evening? I know Sudoku. It keeps the mind active.
Yup have a bin full of games that we frequently play - have gotten up at night & stepped on a missing piece of Monopoly a couple of times but if you have ever spent a number of days camping in the pouring rain here on the wet coast with two young children & a couple of large wet dogs, you may find that by the 3rd or 4th night you need to up the anti a little to keep that peaceful and fun feeling inside the little trailer.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #11

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I recently used my Mac laptop to watch the news. I had WiFi so I could watch CBC national news streaming.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #12

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Registry
Quote:

When I first joined this forum, I couldn't understand why people kept referring to televisions when discussing towing.
5 cylinders, 5 speed auto transmission
Ellpea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #13

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Tow in Trailer sounds like a Milton Bradley game.

You know there are now according to some group that tracks this stuff 400 scripted shows on television. That excludes talk shows, sports shows, and reality shows.

400 shows! Some are terrific and some are horrid and some are definitely aimed at a different market than myself even if they might be pretty good.

I tend to think some are actual entertainment and might be a fun way to pass the time. My preference would be for a good book but having read Song of Fire and Ice and seen Game of Thrones I must say they are both a pleasant way to pass some time. Same for Hunger Games and I am something of a fan of NCIS but hey with internet I can always watch it later and get away from all that when I'm camping.

If I have cell signal there is always a chance work will call being far enough into the boondocks to avoid that is worth having to use an outhouse minus walls. Might even be willing to give up TP & TV to avoid work getting ahold of me.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:57 PM   #14

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Registry
TP and TV

" Might even be willing to give up TP & TV to avoid work getting ahold of me."

Uh oh. I'm having another TV = television moment.

Surely it isn't necessary to give up toilet paper to avoid work, is it?

5 cylinders, 5 speed auto transmission
Ellpea in CA is offline   Reply With Quote