Blinds for Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 1990 13 ft Casita DLX #6
Colorado
Question Blinds for Casita

I just purchased a 16 ft 1990 Casita. Will be picking it up in a few days. It currently has curtains but would like to install aluminuim blinds. Will any blinds work or is this something that I should get from Casita? A search didn't come up with anything.
Losthwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
I just purchased a 16 ft 1990 Casita. Will be picking it up in a few days. It currently has curtains but would like to install aluminuim blinds. Will any blinds work or is this something that I should get from Casita? A search didn't come up with anything.
Any blind should work. Get them measured and cut to size.

Here's where a got mine:

Blinds, Window Blinds, Window Shades, Cheap Discount Blinds | Blindster.com

Spanke
Old 08-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #3

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanke View Post

Here's where a got mine:

Spanke
Thanks, ordered some samples of the light blocking pleated.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Our Casita came with aluminum blinds, what we have found is they damage very easily (bend and dent), make sure you secure them in the UP position when traveling. They are also noisy when you roll over in bed and accidentally hit them .

I just installed good quality vinyl blinds in our other trailer (Boler) and like them far better than the aluminum. Just our experience and preference.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Not sure what this material is ( sort of like plastic, sort of like cloth ), but these are the blinds used by Escape. I like them a lot, but I'm not sure how you would mount them in a Casita since the bottom posts are screwed into wooden blocks secured to the walls during production.
Attached Thumbnails
Blinds.jpg  
Old 08-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Picked up vinyl blinds cut to length (while you wait) at Loews. About $35-40 bucks per window and include all the mounting hardware.

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
STAND BY! I've got a bud who once owned a Casita FD. The blinds she/he put in that Casita were... elegant. I don't know how else to describe it. YES, they weren't cheap. I mean bucks. But, this was almost a one-and-done and truly made the Casita WONDERFUL. To me, it's like the entire interior of the trailer STEPPED UP. No cheesy fabric/blinds.

Sorry.... my buds are out of the continental US. But, they'll be back in the next couple of days and I'm going to send them the link to this thread so THEY can respond.

Something else to consider...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #8

Name: Michael
Trailer: 13' Casita
Georgia - USA
Quote:
Are the curtains still in good conditions? Let me know if you are thinking about selling them!
The Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #9

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
STAND BY! I've got a bud who once owned a Casita FD. The blinds she/he put in that Casita were... elegant. I don't know how else to describe it. YES, they weren't cheap. I mean bucks. But, this was almost a one-and-done and truly made the Casita WONDERFUL. To me, it's like the entire interior of the trailer STEPPED UP. No cheesy fabric/blinds.

Sorry.... my buds are out of the continental US. But, they'll be back in the next couple of days and I'm going to send them the link to this thread so THEY can respond.

Would like to know what brand they installed. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #10

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Swiss View Post
Are the curtains still in good conditions? Let me know if you are thinking about selling them!
I pick the unit up on the 12th in N.M.(haven't see it in person) and will be back home on the 17th. Will let you know what condition they are in when I get back.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #11

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanke View Post

Here's where a got mine:

Spanke
How are these holding up? They are reasonably priced even with the blackout and the Top Down/Bottom Up option. The Levolor I looked at in Lowes were very nice but about 25% more.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #12

Name: Michael
Trailer: 13' Casita
Georgia - USA
Quote:
I pick the unit up on the 12th in N.M.(haven't see it in person) and will be back home on the 17th. Will let you know what condition they are in when I get back.
Sounds good, thanks. Have a safe trip!
The Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #13

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Aloha! We are back from Maui, beat the hurricane out, recovered from jet lag.
We replaced our blinds with Select Blinds 1 inch faux wood. 1" Faux Wood Blinds from SelectBlinds.com They came with a valance and the color snow white matches the fiberglass. Here's a link with pics for a Casita install: http://www.casitafor.../page__p__66976 We used the measurements from the old blinds. The valances needed a little cutting to fit the curved walls. Really dressed things up. They did not come with the same metal valance clips in this link - they came with plastic clip-ons and worked a lot easier. Good Luck.
Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #14

Colorado
I've been looking at the cordless Levolor cellular blinds with the block out option.
Lowes has them on sale until the 25th at 20% off. Anybody here have cellular blinds installed in their trailer?
Old 08-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #15

Colorado
I went with the Levolar light blocking cellular in with the cord. Lifetime guarantee. And adding magnets to keep them in place. Not cheap but very nice.

Tags
casita