Blinds or Curtains? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Both of course!

What am I crazy?

Ed Harris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #16
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Blinds don't have to be metal. Wood, plastic, faux wood.. some of those materials make a lot less noise than metal. I've seen some in really bright colors too. And then there are roman shades....

Choices, choices... so many choices.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #17
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
We have pleated shades similar to Glenn Baglo's. They run up and down on strings. I was concerned with wear on the strings but so far they are holding up well. Our last rig had curtains which were certainly simpler but I like these better. Raz
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
My vote is for curtains with homemade "shades" of Ron Loc (blackout fabric) that you hand roll up or down. The Ron-Loc fabric is mounted on a dowel or a second curtain rod that simply sits on top of the curtain rod supports. I sew Velcro (hook and loop fabric) on the bottom so it adheres to the "Rat fur" wall. I have the light-colored stock curtains in the middle and add 9-10" side curtain panels according to my decorative whim (purely optional but fun for the "glamper" in me).

When traveling, at night or during a sunny, hot day I keep the shades in the down position to keep the sun from damaging the interior fabrics and to keep the interior cool. When I want to have light and air I roll up the shades, open the curtains and hold them back with my tie-backs which also adhere with Velcro. See photos. One photo shows the curtains in the open position, held back with the tie-backs and the shade in the down position. (It was easier to take a photo this way rather than with the bare window letting in too much light.)

Happy Camping!
Attached Thumbnails
SCAMP Interior October 2011 012.jpg   SCAMP Interior October 2011 019.jpg  

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #19
Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Cari and i have nice day-night shades in our Mobile Suite (link to photo album). In day-mode they will let some air flow in. We are toying with the idea of swapping out our Parkliner's stock curtains with the day-night shades available at Camping World...but jury is still out.

Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon
Bed, Bath, & Beyond...
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Van
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote