Boat Foam backed Headliner material vs Ensolite? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #15
Name: Fay
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Sorry the can they sold me was just a number no name and I was so greatful to not have to just tear down my work my questions were limited.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV

Fay Wambolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #16
Name: Arne
Trailer: Boler 1975
At this point I'm considering using headliner to finish the interior walls on my 1974 13' Boler. Does anyone have an idea as to how many square yards of material it takes to cover the walls? I'm sure that information is on here but I'm not finding.

ArneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #17
Name: Fay
Nova Scotia
Just google the sq footage I used 6 by 12 for each wall and ceiling had plenty left over I paid 200 dollars

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Fay Wambolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #18
Name: John
Deep South
Take a look at this stuff I found at home depot as we remodel our Boler...

1/16 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. Plastic Panel-63003 - The Home Depot

We were going to go with a rubber type roll insulation or the silver "bubble wrap" stuff and go over that with foam backed auto headliner...then we found the stuff above....

It is extremely flexible and water proof, and is not brittle...and they have molding for the seams in between pieces and round edges...very inexpensive stuff too...seems like it would be very durable and easy to clean...

If you should go with auto headliner don't buy at an auto parts store...go to a fabric store it is much cheaper and they have a better selection...we found a huge assortment of colors at Hancock Fabrics Foam Backed Automotive Headliner Fabric - Desert - Headliner Fabric and a roll 60" wide was about $15 a linear yard and you can get coupons for it for up to half off!

I like the headliner just fine but I don't think it will stay clean with a 2 year old boy camping in the woods so we thought the plastic panel sheets would work better & easier to keep clean, we are even going to use it to line our shower walls on the boler... I have another post on my rebuild here if you want to look:

Our 1971 13' Boler mods
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:23 PM   #19
Commercial Member
Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Escape trailers use a foam-backed vinyl on the walls & ceiling of their trailers, good for R5 insulating. Dunno what they use to glue it on with, though.

A friend in Arizona used this, has held up for 8 years so far:

Charlie Y
Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design:
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #20
Name: Sharon
Trailer: 1995 16 ft Scamp
Interesting... We bought a Scamp that was basically a shell last November. Previous owner ripped out all the rat fur (!) so it just has the reflectix-type insulation in it--which is still sticking well to walls and ceiling.

I just ordered marine headliner/hull liner fabric today and I've heard that 3M-90 is recommended as the adhesive.

I was going to have this work done by an auto upholstery shop, but we're so over budget now, we'll do it ourselves. I'm not too intimidated at the thought of doing the walls, but the longest stretch will be the ceiling and that concerns me as a DIY project.

artrageous is offline   Reply With Quote